Chronograph?

michaellee84

What brand and model chronograph are y'all using and what brands do y'all trust?? Lots of negative reviews on websites.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Ohler 35P when it has issues it is with light...mine no longer prints that is a nuisance too...just won't send it in for repar.

LabRadar...Saweet!

furtaker

Mine is a Competition Electronics ProChrono I believe. It works pretty well but mine is also sensitive to light. When it starts getting later in the evening you can forget using it.

wareagle700

Magnetospeed V3. It's awesome, no complaints at all.

The LabRadar is nice but fragile. I've seen multiple reports where they get knocked over and quit completely.

Jester896

Senior Clown
What kinda issues with light??

either too much or too little which is pretty much SOP for a chrono I think. Mine does have 3 screens which helps some I think.

The LabRadar is nice but fragile. I've seen multiple reports where they get knocked over and quit completely.

we have never knocked it over...but we ain't real gentle with it either. One of the pluses I think is it is not in front of the barrel so it won't get shot :D

I have used a Magnetospeed but it was just late afternoon to check velocity since it was real hot. I haven't used one on a regular basis. It may be all in my head but I wonder if it doesn't change the harmonics enough to possible open the group up. That would make load development a little more difficult. Dunno...just thoughts.

One of the things I do like about the LabRadar is it figures SD and ES and average speed without math where the Ohler just gives average speed if I remember right....since mine doesn't print any longer.

Klondike

Magneto speed v3

Best innovation in a long time.

Wont shoot a chrono again and the accuracy on fps is just fine

pdsniper

I have used and tried all kinds of cronies by far the best one I have ever used is the Lab radar because its a Doppler radar light has no effect on it and no sky screens to deal with, I love mine

Jester896

Senior Clown
The amount of information a LabRadar gives is certainly a plus for what I want to do with a Chrono and it stores it even when powered off and on. It all comes down to your needs really. If all you want to know is speed...most anything will do.

nfa1eab

Have had an Oehler 35 forever. 3 screens, no printer. It gives Hi, Lo, ES, SD, AVG. It just works. 20 years later the plastic 9 volt battery door broke. Called and they immediately sent a new one along with a discount coupon for a printer module. Great product, great people, accurate, consistent.