7mm-08 threaded barrel

sweatequity

I have a few questions I cant seem to find the answer for.

I want to buy a suppressor that I can use for three calibers, 5.56, 300BO and 7mm-08. Is that possible?

Also, I am looking for a bolt action rifle that has a threaded barrel in 7mm-08. Any suggestions on manufactures? Bass pro seemed fairly clueless.

I could just have a machine shop/gun smith thread the barrel on my 7mm-08 which I am getting quotes today.

Thanks for any input!

wareagle700

Yes, any .30 cal suppressor rated for 308 or better is fine to use on any smaller centerfire cartridges.

What's your budget for the rifle? Off the top of my head I know Kimber and Barrett offer threaded models in 7mm-08 but they run $1000+. Most barrels can be threaded but some sporter weight barrels are too thin at the muzzle for threads and have to be cut back some. A good threading job only runs around $100 so it's just a matter of having it done.

ryanh487

There are several .30 suppressors on the market that can handle up to 300 ultra mag. My silencerco specwar 762, for example, is an awesome suppressor that could handle all 3 calibers you listed.

Also, be sure to have a qualified gun smith do the threading. It's critical that the threads be concentric to the bore or you will have high odds of destroying your silencer due to misalignment.

deast1988

Yeah, like others have said.

You can get a threaded gun ready to run a can.

You can get barrel work done to a none threaded gun.

Barrel Profile is your key. Based on it will get the thread pitch down.

My xbolt didn't allow me to run a direct thread .308 can. Barrel profile was too thin for the threads to work. My gun 6.5creedmoor barrel wasn't as beefy as a .30 barrel would've been.

I run a Silencer Co Omega (7.62) it's rated .22 centerfire up to .300Win mag.

The adaptors run $80/$100 so if you go that way just get your thread pitch an order the adaptor.

Be sure if you get barrel cut your using a solid Smith reputable that has done work for Suppressor use. Baffle strikes can happen when stuff isnt threaded perfectly squared.

I've started using ASR mounts, just align the brake or hider properly An allows you to run the can on any gun the can is compatible with.

Last edited: