First band

bradleyjanes06

Hit the old reliable Woody swamp this am. After 15 years of hunting waterfowl I got my first band. Banded 8-11-17 in Ottawa, OH.

Attachments

• 8769.jpg
    8769.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 651

g0nef1sshn

Nice! Luckier than me. Took me over 20yrs to get one! Go again tomorrow cause last year opener i got my first band ever also from ohio. Next day i got my 2nd band ever i think from ny?? Cant remember. But its an amazing feelin!

I ate mine though. Cost enough to hunt. Dont feel like dusting trophies.

Mexican Squealer

Amazing the number of woodies banded in NY and Ohio. Only ones I've ever kilt have been from those states. Lot of folks think the woodies we shoot are local birds. Some are but most are migraters.

Amazing the number of woodies banded in NY and Ohio. Only ones I've ever kilt have been from those states. Lot of folks think the woodies we shoot are local birds. Some are but most are migraters.
You think they are locals but most Georgia wood ducks are long gone before our season starts. I thought the same thing but back in the early eightys we had an early wood duck season and the limit was five a day. The reason stated by GADNR for the season was to allow Georgia duck hunters the chance to hunt Georgia wood ducks.

deast1988

We kill a pile of woodys, we've had Ohio, Saskatchewan, Maine, Tenn, Georgia bands most banded the year they were killed. Tenn bird was 7yrs old. Bands are amazing awesome trophy for a duck hunter. Congrats

bradleyjanes06

Thanks guys. Yeah this Lil swamp has produced heavily over the years. I had 50 to 60 birds on it all summer then about Sept they disappeared only saw 11 this am. Going to let it sit for a few weeks see if they start coming in.

Latest posts