What are yall fixing for Thanksgiving?

Mako22

BANNED
Me: deep fried turkey and a smoked Boston butt.
Mamma: Sweet potato souffle, green bean casserole, corn bread dressing, rolls and sweet tea. Apple pie and pumpkin pie for deserts.

We do all this at deer camp so the menu is limited. So what you guys making for turkey day?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
We will have fried turkey, smoked turkey(mine), corn bread dressing, ham, and a ton of sides. We will have probably 30+ folks at the campground eating.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Smoked turkey, cornbread dressing with giblet gravy, macaroni and cheese casserole, collards with smoked hog jowl, purplehull peas seasoned with cured ham, biscuits, sweet tater pie, and banana split pie.

HuntinJake_23

I will be working, but am planning on spatchcock smoking a turkey and smoking a pork butt to bring in. The rest of my shift is handling the sides.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
All that and pecan pie and cranberry sauce.............speckled or colored butterbeans..............is that politically correct?

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm practiced on the colored butterbeans and corn bread Friday night................then ate them cold for breakfast yesterday morning............yes I love them........

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Salad with a light vinaigrette, roasted brussle sprouts, and fresh fruit!:bounce: bull hockey! A smoked and a fried turkey ... Cornbread dressing, giblet gravy, greens, butter beans, pasta salad, corn.... And more!

rospaw

Cherry / honey glazed ham, orange brine roasted turkey, green bean cass, cornbread stuff, fried sweet potato cakes, fresh cranberry/orange rind sauce, mushroom/giblet/dripping gravy and yeast rolls.

i'm cooking all but the cran and stuff and deserts.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I drew 'dessert' from the hat, so I'm making a pumpkin pie, a Mexican wet chocolate cake (like a lava cake) and a buttermilk cream pie (recipe from the Woody's cookbook).

And just for good measure, I picked up a small turkey to smoke.

GA native

I will smoke a turkey and a ham. The wife will cook the cornbread stuffing, mashed taters, mac & cheese, various breads. Dad is bringing the northern beans. In-laws will bring pies.

The biggest dilemma will be finding a western, instead of watching football.

Dub

I'll be making pulled pork sammiches and beans.

That is all.

Everyone that's coming to our house Thursday night will be worn out of turkey, dressing and such.

They are friends for the last 30 years.....haven't seen them in a couple years. Gonna surprise them with some basic eats from my crib.

Big7

The Oracle
Smoked butt and a whole turkey.
Grandmother's dressing and Mama's oyster casserole.
Mashed taters', gravy and whatever else I can find.

Done turned out two pones of cornbread,
One for me and one for my sister's family.

She will use that same recipe for Grandmother's
dressing..

Broke in a new Lodge skillet on them two.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Traditional baked Turkey, with cornbread dressing, with gravy, sweet potato casserole, cream corn, green beans, smoked ham, ambrosia, potato balls and collard greens. Pumkin pie and Pound cake with ice cream.

dfhooked

Turkey, mashed taters, sweet taters, green bean casserole, stuffed mirlitons, oyster patties, dirty rice dressing, and I’m sure someone’s bringing some pies.

specialk

last year we tried cracker barrel's heat and serve thanksgiving meal.....turkey breast,mash pot./gravy,dressing, cran sauce, rolls, 2 pies, 2 large sides(we did green beans and corn).....enough for 10 people for 99.99.....took 60 minutes.....doing it again this year.....

biggdogg

I am smoking the bird and making a couple buttermilk pies. The missus is making the dressing, gravy, mashed taters, green bean casserole and deviled eggs.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I'm smoking 2 turkeys at hunt camp. No telling what kind of sides we're having but I'm sure they'll be plenty

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Other than Mrs. elfiii's dressing I don't know. We're going to my son's crib. First time in 25+ years it hasn't been at our house with us doing the cooking so I don't know what to expect.