Irma pushes birds out

C.J.

We had a good amount of birds up until the weekend of Irma, now we are lucky to see any. has anyone else had this issue in North GA

mecicon

We had a good amount of birds up until the weekend of Irma, now we are lucky to see any. has anyone else had this issue in North GA

I was contemplating a call to a friend in SOWEGA to see if the hurricanes caused any displacement. :mad:

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Irma didn't affect us, but Matthew did as far as running the birds off.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if it is the hurricanes or all the peanuts and corn being harvested that has just spread them out. Lot of turned fields down here so plenty of food everywhere down here in sowega.

Core Lokt

We had a good amount of birds prior to Irma too. We have corn, sunflowers and browntop planted. Plenty of food. We've tried to shoot it twice since and best we did was 7 birds. Hopefully this cool weather will bring some migrant birds. This is on the FL/GA line just So of Thomas Co.

C.J.

I dont understand where they went. would they fly south during a hurricane

Core Lokt

Last Saturday morning we had 3-400 birds in the field. Come noon they were gone.... I shot 3 times and killed 2 birds that afternoon. Nobody that has fields that I know has any birds. First phase for us went out yesterday. They'll show up today LOL.....

C.J.

Last Saturday morning we had 3-400 birds in the field. Come noon they were gone.... I shot 3 times and killed 2 birds that afternoon. Nobody that has fields that I know has any birds. First phase for us went out yesterday. They'll show up today LOL.....

what state are you in? we have only had 10-15 local birds for the past two weeks.

The Fever

We had a good amount of birds prior to Irma too. We have corn, sunflowers and browntop planted. Plenty of food. We've tried to shoot it twice since and best we did was 7 birds. Hopefully this cool weather will bring some migrant birds. This is on the FL/GA line just So of Thomas Co.

Yep. I just remarked that the birds seemed scarce the last month.

DRBugman85

2017-10-28 12.24.33.jpg Great shoot this morning,the land owner herbicide a clear cut 3 week ago and the Doves found poke berrys by the hundreds