How?

Randy

OK somebody start this off by telling us how to put a picture on here!

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Randy

Go to the 'attach files" section at the bottom of the reply/new thread page, click on manage attachments and follow instructions, very similar to old format from there ;)

To embed click on this emblm and add address.

Attachments

• insert image.JPG
    insert image.JPG
    946 bytes · Views: 708

Randy

test test It worked It worked.

Attachments

• Randy.jpg
    Randy.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 686

Randy

So what does imbed mean?

Cool. Now I even figured out how to have an avatar? Look out Tmooney. I am after your job!

Last edited:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Thats when you bring

a pic from another site and embed it to Woodys site, it does not take up any of Woodys storage space like the attached pics do :)

leo

This one is embedded rfrom hunt101

084144.jpg

Wetzel

While trying to post pictures, rather inside a post or for an avatar, I use my software that came with my digital camera to size the photos to within size limits, but when I try to post, I keep getting a message that says the files are to large. Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Niner

Here's a tip to resize thoze 1Mb+ pic files.

Open the pic with good old Windoze Paint.

Go to the stretch and skew option and shink them by 50% and 50%.

Save the file and check the size. It it ain't small enough, do 'er again.

Your Welcome! :D

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Jim...

I thought you said we lost EVERYTHING in the latest crash :eek: You told me that Christmas party stuff would stay between us... ;)

posting a pic on this site

posting a pic on this site Isn't any differant then any other site
do a copy and paste of the pic link add Imaging and your away

Ga-Spur

Do you E-mail him the picture or do you put it in a letter or do you embed it and then mail it or just how do you get it to Jim? :confused: :p

Wetzel

Niner,

Thanks for the information on resizing. It worked great. I didn't know that it could be done that way...

dbodkin

File size not pixels...

File Too Large. Limit for this filetype is 39.1 KB. Not the pixel size although they are directly related. It has to be less then 39.1KB

db

Hoss

May have to change the compression

To get the file size small enough, you may have to change the amount of compression. Typically this is done when you save the file. Do a save as and look for options on the screen that shows up. Should be able to adjust the compression level.

Hoss

posting pics

You can post your own avatar by saving the thumbnail to your
files from a photohost.For those that have never done It before It sure Is hard to explain but you need a photohost In order to post a link
now the link will not work for a avatar because It Is too big but not If you save the thumbnail It Isn't ,then upload the thumbnail from your computer for your avatar,The actual photohost pic you'll need to enlarge It has you veiw It from your photohost then go to properties and do a copy and paste of
the pic link then come back to these forums add Imaging and your away

photohost

There are some free photohosts If you want to try your hand out and see how everything works.If your really serious about pics you'll eventually get a paid photohost for example mine Is www.imageevent.com you can do a lot of things with a photohost create albums,get disks made up,perhaps the obvious Is to provide a link to these forums remember even after the link Is copied and pasted on these forums you must also add Imaging [/img
opps I forgot the bracket on one side eh?you see how It Is done now

Duff

HuntinTom said:
I thought you said we lost EVERYTHING in the latest crash :eek: You told me that Christmas party stuff would stay between us... ;)
:bounce: :bounce:

tmooney

You mean it???

Randy said:
So what does imbed mean?

Cool. Now I even figured out how to have an avatar? Look out Tmooney. I am after your job!
I'll trade with you any day! What it must be like to have a Bass Pro Shops Distributorship ::huh:

-T

Latest posts