$3.87 folding knife at Wal-Mart

Bonaire-Dave

did my normal run thru wal-mart sporting goods. saw display for $3.87 folding knifes and started to just walk by, but stopped and looked. knifes aren't bad 3" stainless steel blade and g10 scales. needed a little hand sharping, but for $3.87 their worth looking at for a stocking stuffer for Christmas. Dave

RBM

Chinese or not, the Ozark Trail all stainless steel liner lock folder with the wooden handle is not a bad knife. A little heavy. They could have made the frame aluminum instead to cut down on the weight. If the $3.87 is the one with serrations, I don't like serrations period whether it has G10 handles or not.

Artfuldodger

Chinese or not, the Ozark Trail all stainless steel liner lock folder with the wooden handle is not a bad knife. A little heavy. They could have made the frame aluminum instead to cut down on the weight. If the $3.87 is the one with serrations, I don't like serrations period whether it has G10 handles or not.

I don't like serrations either, almost all of the popular folders have them.

Not quite that cheap but the Rough Rider knives are good for the money. I bought one at Lott's Hardware in Douglas. They sell them at Smoky Mountain Knife Works in many styles and sizes.
I was reading about them from a guy who says most of the known brands are now made in China so why pay more money for a name brand Chinese knife?
I think some of the name brands have went back to making knives in their prospective countries like Germany or the US.
My traditional 2 bladed 4" folder was $12.00 a few years back.

Bonaire-Dave

The display I saw had both plain and serrated ones. Also, some had aluminum scales. And yes anything under $50.00 is probably made in China. I did find a small box of chocolate mints at Tractor Supply made in the USA today. Dave

T-N-T

If you dont want to buy ANYthing Chinese, you will be hard pressed to fill a shopping cart anywhere.

$4 for a knife that works for a year is worth it.

gregj

Oh i know that it's next to impossible to buy only American made products but, when it comes to cutlery
i buy American made. I like to look for older used knives
in antique shops and junk shops . Some times you can find good used American made knives at a reasonable price.
I have over a hundred:bounce::flag:

Artfuldodger

I was in an antique shop recently and bought a USA made
Buck folder. Another man bought every Old Timer in the display case which was about six of them.

j_seph

Under $40 at walmart

Sharpens well and comes sharp

Attachments

• 2015-12-11 09.41.41_resized.jpg
    2015-12-11 09.41.41_resized.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,739

riverbank

Kershaw "link" I think is what its called. I thought I still had the box but I can't find it.....imagine that ! Mine was about 35$ at Walmart , worth the money in my opinion.