Auburn / Ga Southern

BornToHuntAndFish

Looks like GA Southern's TD making it a close game in 1st Qtr.

BornToHuntAndFish

Even better 2nd Qtr. for Auburn.

deerbuster

I like the outcome, I'm excited to see what the rest of the season looks like

weagle

I'm happy with the win. Our front 7 looks quick and we tackled well. Offense was sketchy at times, but we held out 2 key starters and I'm sure we didn't want to show Clemson too much. I hope we remember we have a TE/H back we can throw to. Stidham looked rusty but solid. Johnson pulled a hammy, but Pettway will be back next week and I think is the better of the two.

Carlson missed 2 field goals which is unheard of, but I think he was distracted by the fact that he was about to break the all time scoring record at Auburn, which he did.

We need to cut out the turnovers to win next week at Clemson.

across the river

I think GSU should have stayed in FCS.

It was a business decision. Georgia Southern makes less than $500,000 in ticket sales for a home game, I think the figure is between $300,000 and $400,000. As an FCS team, they would get somewhere around the same amount to play a power five school. As and FBS school, Auburn just cut them a check for $1.3 million. Do the math. They will make way more in revenue playing Auburn and Indiana away, than they will on all of their five home games combined. Clemson is paying them $1.1, Arkansa $1.4 and LSU around $1million GUARANTEED in future years. They will never compete for a nationally championship at the FCS level liked they did in 1-AA, but they are making far more money for the athletic program. It also helps with recruiting, because you are competing at a higher level.

This ^^^,money game. App state and Georgia same thing

One other thing. GA southern needs a coach. GA southern in the past , Has 5 NCAA DIV 1 FCS National Titles and 1 Sun Belt National Title, Georgia Southern did not have a Football program from 1941 until 1981. In 2011 Ga Southern gained more ground against Alabama than LSU did that year. Also Several years ago Georgia Southern beat Florida. The Same year App state beat Michigan.
Auburn needs to make sure they don't get over confident because they beat Georgia Southern.

Wonder how the Iron Bowel will turn out this year?

MudDucker

Staff member
78 yards of total offense! Georgia Southern needs help

They had help, but fired the offensive coordinator who tried to balance their offense. The fans only want run oriented offense. :crazy: