Dog got snake bit today.

flyrod444

Was out in my back yard dying traps when my dog came in acting like she had been stung in the mouth by a bee. There was some blood dripping from her mouth so we got to looking and found what looked like fang marks on her tongue. Vet agreed and gave her. Some meds. If it was a copper head she should be ok in few days. If not she will have to get a shot of antivenom which is pricey. You can see the bite marks on left front of her tongue.
Jack

Attachments

• IMG_20170916_175621918-541x962.jpg
    IMG_20170916_175621918-541x962.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 778

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Hate to hear that. Hope she is ok

B

BornNRaised

Ohh CRAP. So sorry about doggo.....hopefully she will be ok.

I hate it for her!

I know id be crying like a baby if I was bit in the tounge- what a trooper!!!!! :cry:

Head East

Dang... how's the difference fly rod?

T-N-T

I'm really sorry to read this. Prayers for the dog and you. I love my dogs like people, or more

B. White

Looks like a dry bite, if you didn't get any more swelling. I had one get bit in the side of the muzzle and his whole head swelled up for a couple of days.

flyrod444

She is much improved this morning. The swelling under her tongue went down enough for her to be able to eat and drink this morning. I feel like the fangs went through her tongue and most of the venom missed being injected. Always figured she was in danger of being snake bit while following me while I hunt ginseng not running around my house.
Thanks again,
Jack

chevypro1

Our Bassett hound was bitten by a timber rattler 4 weeks ago in our yard. One fang went in under her eye and the other into the tearduct. She swelled up like a huge watermelon!.Antivenum shot, 3 days in animal ICU, 2 days in regular cage and then home. It took 2 weeks for her to get back going again. $1400 later. We love her dearly.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hope doggo heals up quick. I've had a couple dogs and cats get bitten by copperheads over the years, they usually get over it in a week or so.

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
prayers for complete healing

3ringer

Copperhead got my dog back in June. Cost 1200 bucks to get her through it.

Attachments

• 4B9DE8C8-47D2-41FC-B1F7-D25D51BD7D52.jpg
    4B9DE8C8-47D2-41FC-B1F7-D25D51BD7D52.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 419

3ringer

Yep...I've had 2 dogs bitten by copperheads.No vets,few doses of benedryl,couple days later they were good to go.

You must not be married. My wife might give me Benedryl if I got bit but not her babies.

Jeff Raines

You must not be married. My wife might give me Benedryl if I got bit but not her babies.

Yep,married for 25 years to same woman.
Here is Bella and the snake that bit her.

Attachments

• bella.jpg
    bella.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 409
  • copperhead.jpg
    copperhead.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 407

flyrod444

Just wanted to thank everyone again. My dog is back to normal today . Her tongue has a notch in it now where she was bit but it doesn't seem to bother her in any way.
Jack

NOYDB

BANNED
A man in Arizona was attempting to cook a rattlesnake on a barbecue grill when the snake decided to fight back.

In a USA Today report, Pratt said he grabbed the venomous snake to show off to his friends and family when he lost his grip on the snake’s head, freeing the snake to attack him.

Poor snake.