Trail Cam delay

jbird1

Can anyone out there advise a beginner on how much delay between pictures works the best. I'm pretty sure my camera (I450 Stealth) has a minimum of 1 minute between shots which is what I had it set for. I also believe I set it for 3 shots per sequence. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Todd E

1 min on trails and scrapes

5 mins on feed/minerals

That three shot "burst mode" is effective for trails. Anywhere else is a waste of card space.

jbird1

Thanks Todd. I am a fellow Oglethorpe hunter....S. fork of the Broad near Carlton.

DCHunter

I like to leave mine on 1 minute, even at feed sites. I get more detail that way. Sometimes I'll get 1 deer on the first picture, then more deer on the second, then none. So if it would have been set for a longer delay, I would have not seen the other deer. I've also seen chasing this way.

Wetzel

I also like a one minute delay. If you're worried about space on your memory card, you probably need a bigger card. I'd rather have several pictures of every deer than miss a picture of something.

Hoss

Getting some good suggestions. If you can't figure out which you like, try several settings and find what works for you.

Hoss

Killdee

I use 10-15 seconds on trails 30 seconds to 1 min. on minerals or food plots. Fast trail mode on trails during the rut,1 pic every 3-4 seconds during the day,flash recharge makes it 8-10 at night, resets after 30 seconds of no motion. Watch your date and if your card fills up in 1 week when you have it out for 2-3 weeks, you need to up your delay or buy bigger cards. Note some cams slow down when you use real big cards.