Federal Vital Shock .243 shells

Jasper

My sons hunt with .243s. They've killed every deer they've shot with Remington Core Lokt bullets but never got a pass through. This resulted in poor blood trails and some difficulty finding the deer in spite of good shot locations.

This year I switched to Federal Vital Shocks with Nosler Partition bullets. The 2 deer they've shot had pass throughs and good blood trails. I'm very pleased with the bullet performance..........:cool:

bull0ne

Banned
We found out long ago that the 100 grain Partitions will make the .243 knock em down like a big gun!

Pass throughs are the rule,rather than the exception and the bang-flop happens with the high shoulder shot too..............

burkecountydeer

My dad shoots a 243 100 grain and I shoot a 270 150 grain and we both shoot core lokts . My dad shot a doe with the 243 and didnt get a pass thru but she only ran about 30 yards . I shot a buck and didnt get a pass thru but had a good blood trail and he only ran about 20 yards .

Lead Poison

My sons hunt with .243s. They've killed every deer they've shot with Remington Core Lokt bullets but never got a pass through. This resulted in poor blood trails and some difficulty finding the deer in spite of good shot locations.

This year I switched to Federal Vital Shocks with Nosler Partition bullets. The 2 deer they've shot had pass throughs and good blood trails. I'm very pleased with the bullet performance..........:cool:

Yep, that's the performance you want out of your 243 Win and all other cartridges!

Nosler Partitions!!!!!!!!! :shoot:

Jasper

My dad shoots a 243 100 grain and I shoot a 270 150 grain and we both shoot core lokts . My dad shot a doe with the 243 and didnt get a pass thru but she only ran about 30 yards . I shot a buck and didnt get a pass thru but had a good blood trail and he only ran about 20 yards .

Yep, that's the problem we had - no pass throughs. I like 2 holes a lot better than one! :)

dadsbuckshot

I Know - this is a thread from the dead....

But are the Federal Vital Shocks with the Nosler Partitions that good out of a .243?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/67008-5.html#Reviews

How well do they do on a deer/bear/hog? :shoot:

Last edited:

MoonPie

Don't know about .243, but with my .270 it's 130 gr. Fed Vital Shock w/ Nosler's. IMO this is the best store bought round you can buy.

thomasr

I roll my own for the .243 but I always top them with 100 grn. Partitions. Good for deer, hogs and yotes. Everything has fallen within 25 feet of the hit...most have been drt.

Latest posts