open spot?

jmtaylor189

I'm new to the area just getting to fort Stewart. I would really enjoy trying to hunt some deer behind dogs. I've owned and ran coon hounds before and just love the sound of a good run. I've got the gun I can get the shells but I don't know where to get behind some dogs.

If you have an open spot and are willing to let me run with you please shoot me a pm.

Dont show up with a rifle. I grew up in Mississippi hunting deer with dogs. We shot rifles on dog drives in Mississippi. When I was first invited to dog hunt in Georgia them folks though I was crazy. So I pulled out my 870 and somebody lent me some buckshot and it was on. I killed a big buck that morning in 1978. Georgia is buckshot and only buckshot on a dog drive. Good luck.

jmtaylor189

Buckshot doesn't bother me, in Iowa only allow to use it on predators. Shot a few with it but looking for a new game too.

grouper throat

We use more rifles here in Fl.. some guys down in S Ga do as well. It depends on if you do the old timey dog drives or the run and gun style we do.

jmtaylor189

I'm just looking to try something new. Hunting is my passion and and am always looking for ways to expand it. I can't pay to play with cash but am willing to work for it. I'm the son of a butcher and can skin and cut deer with the best of them.

I know owning and caring for dogs is expensive and letting someone new in is hard sometimes. This sounds pathetic I know. I just don't know where else to go to try to find someone to tag along with.

Thank you again.