Moultrie 6v Safety Battery

BowArrow

I recently purchased a Moultrie Model R-PRO feeder to feed deer in my front yard. I also ordered a Moultrie Safety Battery as it was advertised for feeders. It requires alligator clips to reach the post and the feeder requires a battery with spring post. Does Moultrie make the necessary wiring hookup or am I missing something.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I recently purchased a Moultrie Model R-PRO feeder to feed deer in my front yard. I also ordered a Moultrie Safety Battery as it was advertised for feeders. It requires alligator clips to reach the post and the feeder requires a battery with spring post. Does Moultrie make the necessary wiring hookup or am I missing something.

I'm not sure i understand. The feeder motor has alligator clips but wont clamp on to the 6 volt safety battery posts?

BowArrow

The battery requires alligator clips to reach the post as the post are protected from accidental shorting.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member

BowArrow

My feeder does not have alligator clips. I am going to buy a standard rechargeable 6 v battery and take a loss on the Moultrie Safety battery.

flyfisher1

Don't really understand your dilemma but I experienced something similar. I have the Moultrie hanging fish feeder and was unhappy with the alligator clips that came with the unit as they were not a secure connection. I snipped the alligator clips off and wired up some female slide connects. Now the connection is extremely secure.