product review: cb radio

DogHunter4Life

I have been testing out the stryker sr-89mc cb radio for the last few months and here is my review. 1 being lowest and 10 being highest.

Size: very small and compac . Same size as an icomm radio. 4 inches wide, 6 inches long, and 2 inches thic . The controls are on the microphone so you can stash the base part anywhere. Rated 10 of 10 with size.

Durability: I have been testing this over 4 months and it has held up very well. So far 10 of 10 with durability.

Ease of use: to start with this thing was tough. I did not have much history with the icomm style radio so I struggled with the controls being on the handheld to start with. After working with it and locking in my settings and channel it got easier. Rated 6 of 10 just because of my starting trouble. Now I can get it on any band and channel.

Power: this little power punch can hang with the big boys all day long with no problem. I have not put it on the meter to find exact output but on the hunting club you cannot tell a difference between this radio and a general Lee, stryker, or galaxy. And far off, unless the cb is running a linear the difference is minimum. On a clear morning I could hear this radio clear at about 18 miles. Rated 8 of 10 on power. More power than expected.

Value: at less than 200 bucks for a cb and with its power I rate this as a 9 of 10. I've spent up to $400 for a cb and this radio is just as good. Great buy.

Overall I am very impressed and recommend the stryker sr-89mc cb radio. It has just as many channels as the big radios (we hunt on double low 33 . Costumer service is great to . Shawn at stryker does a great job and will make things right if something is not perfect.

I have pictures but they would not uploa . If you bought this little cb you would not be disappointed. I hope this review helps.

ishootlittlebucks

What I have always worried about with CB's that have all the controls on the mic, is that I go through mics pretty often on my Galaxy. That seems to be the week part of most CBs. I'm pretty rough on them though (stretching the cord, slamming them in the door, dropping them in the water. Anything can happen when you get in hot pursuit!) On radios like this, if the mic goes, that's everything. Would be handy to be able to control everything from the box though.

660griz

Did you have to mod it in order to use over CB?

DogHunter4Life

i'm rough on them too. right now it is holding up very well. i have not checked on the price of the replacement mic but you are correct, if the mic goes the whole thing goes, and theres no borrowing one from your buddy. i keep mine on the trucker retractable cord on the rear view mirror but its built pretty tough.

its like any other cb on the market, you have to get it calibrated because of the laws, but any cb shop should be able to do it.