New gun range in Mcdonough,Ga

bamaboy

Heritage gun range and shop on hwy 42 south in the old 84 lumber bldg! :banana:

bobby07

Nice. Is that past the airplane toward locust grove? Can't picture where 84 lunber used to be.

bamaboy

Sign reads "American Heritage Gun Range" coming soon! Just saw it tonight! I can walk to it in less than 5 minutes! I am pumped! It is a huge facility so I hope they will have a rifle range.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
cool

Hey BamaBoy it is me Randy Farley I am friends with Denny and Robbie not sure if you remember me or not anyway... You got any idea who is backing this place ?

bamaboy

No, I just met him last night when I stopped to read the sign, but i am hoping to find out real soon as I have a lot of friends that work for the county admin. I have 2 calls in place this morning. I remember you, too.

frankwright

I noticed the Stockbridge Army/Navy store has a big sign out front "shooting range coming soon" I wonder if there is a connection?

denbow

nope, no connection.

bamaboy

Ok this is the info fed to me today. The old owner of the pawn shop on the Mcdonough square sold it to a group of investors and the same investors are the one that bought the old 84 lumber bldg and they are the ones opening the gun range in it. Right now a pistol (25 yrd) range is going up first then rifle ranges are coming 2nd if the shop is a success. RUMOR has it they also bought ten acres on hwy 81/20 across 75 (racetrack side of 81/20)and are applying to put another rifle and big gun only range on that ten acres.

YankeeRedneck

I noticed the Stockbridge Army/Navy store has a big sign out front "shooting range coming soon" I wonder if there is a connection?

I went and checked out there range the other day very nice .
Still under constuction but they added on to the building.
Also a good selection of trad archery stuff in there!

BornToHuntAndFish

Thanks for the heads up. Convenient for anyone cruising up or down I-75.

ECoker

It ought to do well. The closest range we have is Charlie Elliot and its always packed out.