New gun range in Mcdonough,Ga

Buck Nasty

I will check my reliable sources in McDonough...because I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING to do with the old pawnshop owners.... If they are connected to this in any way..i wont be going.

ECoker

I will check my reliable sources in McDonough...because I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING to do with the old pawnshop owners.... If they are connected to this in any way..i wont be going.

I went in there one time and there prices were so high I left.

bamaboy

Buck Nasty, I was told George was the old owner and sold it to a group of investors and now he is just a manager at the "On the square pawn". I want you all to know that this is all here say and I am just letting you guys know what I hear. Some of these people are LEO and some are Mcdonough employees. So please do not quote me or get upset at me if you find out other info. Just thought it would be good news to have a new gun range in town and wanted to share with all gun/hunting enthusiasts.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher

The old owners were very questionable people....

X2, i have a very long story i wont get into, all I can say is, Idont know how that guy could sleep at night. :banginghe

YankeeRedneck

X3 I was not impressed by that place and the way I was treated vowed never to go back! I asked a few questions about their guns and they could not be bothered!!:mad:
Berrys in Griffin was a much nicer experience :)

snuffy

X3 I was not impressed by that place and the way I was treated vowed never to go back! I asked a few questions about their guns and they could not be bothered!!:mad:
Berrys in Griffin was a much nicer experience :)

2X for Berry's
Nice people.

Stumper

Where is 4gtatical located on hwy 16, I went to the site and shows no location. I live off of tanger outlet exit.

The Horned Toad

I heard the Army Navy store was working on one and I'm excited about both of them. Close to where I work and I can start shooting during my lunch break. :banana:

Boar Hog

4G Tactical has a 450 yard rifle range and a 25 yard pistol range they also offer great classes. Try them out at 4gtactical.com no indoor range can compare to an outdoor range. You can't train properly indoors it's like your in a stall.

Yeah, but it sure is nice when it's cold and rainy or windy. :flag:

bamaboy

I met the guy that runs 4G tactical the other day at Truetts in Mcdonough and I am going to check it out.

bowtie

great news....always good to have a range anywhere...

frankwright

I have not heard of that one before. I have a range to shoot at but always interested in additional training.

I may have to look into it and maybe try a class. Rates are pretty reasonable if the instructors and class content are any good.

1ShotDrop

Awesome for the new range at 84 lumber. 4g tactical sounds great and all, but an appnt to shoot some guns, c'mon now, that's a little bit of a PIA. On the Square Pawn is a huge no go, rude as Edited To Remove ProfanityEdited To Remove ProfanityEdited To Remove ProfanityEdited To Remove Profanity. Something don't seem right or legit about that place, had a buddy from North side of town stop by there and said the same thing.

nova63

Just got back from 4 g tactical range. Very happy with the layout. You get to shot prone out to 450. Not many ranges allow that. Out of all the rifle ranges we have been to in GA my wife & I enjoyed it the most. We will be going back as long as he has it.

gmrake

Took the Basic pistol class Saturday at 4G and was very happy. Small class only 2 of us. Class is very comprehensive, Paul skipped a bunch of the basics since we both had carry permits and about 20 years of pistol experience. Class is 90% range time and everything is geared around draw and fire exercises. Training is equivalent to Police / Armed security Guard. End of the class you get take a qualification test.

http://www.4gtactical.com/BasicPistol.html

Cannot beat the value for this training.
Not for any new regulations, but common sense should tell you if you are going to carry, get some training on how to deploy and use it.