Remington

Bigmonk96

poor products of late & the word gets around -- grew up with the Remington guns & ammo -- still have a few of the older Remys,but don't use any of the ammo ( I have had several fail-to-fire,out of different calipers/boxes*) as said,we all saw this one coming**

biggdogg

Notice how MSN had to get that Trump jab in there?

Big7

The Oracle
America's oldest gun manufacturer.

What a shame.

pottydoc

It doesn't mean they're shutting down, They're being handed over to their creditors. I'll bet they try to sell it, rather than take a serious loss. If that happens, I hope whoever ends up with it starts building quality firearms again.

Red350SS

Remington has gone down hill since Cerberus Capital Group purchased them. Prime example of bean counters owning a company. Hopefully this is just Cerberus "getting rid" of a problem child (gun manufacturer) and Remington will emerge from bankruptcy better off under a new owner....and I hope they drag Marlin right along with them (Marlin is in the same boat with the same owner).

biggdogg

Cerberus also owns Bushmaster, DPMS and Advanced Armament. They killed off H&R a few years ago.

Dub

I hope I got one more good 'un out of them....still in the box.

CDL 30'06. Figured I needed a reason to add an '06 to the safe. Sorta the classic round from my youth, though somehow I went from 30/30 Marlin to .270 M700 in my hunting guns growing up.

The '06 eluded me.

I suppose it's not a surprise, them going under. Insane $$$$ on lawsuits.....global management....displaced workforce.....lot's of storms to weather...changes to make.

I'll likely not buy another Remi.....the two M700's and two 870's that I have will likely last me....and there are plenty aftermarket parts for them, too.

I think I'll get this final Remi outa the box, scoped and zero'd this upcoming week.

Klondike

Unfortunate

Would anyone would have ever figured that Remington would be beat by savage 20 years ago?

I own rifles in both actions and in a factory rifle at equal price points in 2018 I pick the savage

Dub

Would anyone would have ever figured that Remington would be beat by savage 20 years ago?

I own rifles in both actions and in a factory rifle at equal price points in 2018 I pick the savage

I don't stay current on rifle stuff.....but the guys at work that do say this often.

They each swear by their Savage rifles. Crazy accurate and at a fair cost. Their sweet Accutrigger has to be helping.

biggdogg

I don't stay current on rifle stuff.....but the guys at work that do say this often.

They each swear by their Savage rifles. Crazy accurate and at a fair cost. Their sweet Accutrigger has to be helping.

My son has a Savage without the Accu-trigger and it's easily the most accurate rifle in my safe.

Jester896

Senior Clown
of the last 2 actions I bought from Brownell's, the first one the barrel threads were right at .015 off center, you could clearly see it if you looked inside. There was a flat spot in the threads. The second one the front rail mounting screw was offset just a smidgen ...disappointing to say the least