Recent Eats Etc..

ryork

This goes back to late last week. Some grilled pork chops, cabbage braised with bacon, chicken stock, onions and garlic, and some mashed sweet potatoes.

A low country boil Fri night and some sausage egg and cheese biscuits the next morning.

My 17 yr old had a bunch of his "crew" over Sat night. To keep it simple, just threw a bunch of Hebrew Nationals on the grill. Made up some homemade slaw to put on mine with some chili sauce and plenty leftover for use down the road.

My wife got tickets for us to see Allison Krauss and Shotgun Willie at Verizon Amphitheatre which was Sun night. We stopped in at Pappadeaux on the way there since it was basically right down the street. Had some oysters and shrimp to share, and my dish was some seared redfish with shrimp, crab and dirty rice. I'll admit I'm generally skeptical of chain seafood type restaurants, but this was all pretty good, the fish was definitely done right. I do believe if there is anything on Earth comparable to an angel singing it would probably have to sound something like Allison Krauss. And of course Willie is just a flat out icon, still going strong at age 86, truly amazing.

Been in the clean out the frig mode the last couple of days. Blackened some catfish and served over some sweet tater hash with a creole cream sauce for me, and made a shrimp pasta dish with a lemon cream sauce for the wife. Had a few asparagus from the garden so tossed them in that as well.

Working out of the house today and fried the last catfish filet. Made a sammich with a toasted tater bun, lettuce, onion and a creole mustard horseradish kind of sauce. Doggone good sandwich if I do say so myself.

Tonight I marinated a pork loin in some Spiedie sauce and made some sandwiches with that and some peppers and onions. What really puts this over the top is dousing the buns in some butter, olive oil and garlic and then putting on the grill, followed by more of the Spiedie sauce on the finished product.

Attachments

• 5-22 (1).jpg
    5-22 (1).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 396
  • 5-22 (2).jpg
    5-22 (2).jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 398
  • 5-22 (3).jpg
    5-22 (3).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 398
  • 5-22 (4).jpg
    5-22 (4).jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 397
  • 5-22 (5).jpg
    5-22 (5).jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 396
  • 5-22 (10).jpg
    5-22 (10).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 396
  • 5-22 (9).jpg
    5-22 (9).jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 393
  • 5-22 (8).jpg
    5-22 (8).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 395
  • 5-22 (7).jpg
    5-22 (7).jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 5-22 (6).jpg
    5-22 (6).jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 5-22 (11).jpg
    5-22 (11).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 394
  • 5-22 (12).jpg
    5-22 (12).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 394
  • 5-22 (13).jpg
    5-22 (13).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 396
  • 5-22 (14).jpg
    5-22 (14).jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 395
  • 5-22 (15).jpg
    5-22 (15).jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 395
  • 5-22 16).jpg
    5-22 16).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 389

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow!!!!!!!!! Great eats and awesome pics!!!:cheers:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Dang!

Patriot44

Banned
Man alive!

My son is only 11, but when his crew comes over and stays the night, my wife and I are in the fetal position sucking our thumbs before they can all leave. And there wont be a coke, tater chip or anything left in the cupboard. I don't ever remember eating like these kids...:bounce:

ryork

You must be rich
uh......... no

I want to try some of Willie's brownies!

Yep!

My son is only 11, but when his crew comes over and stays the night, my wife and I are in the fetal position sucking our thumbs before they can all leave. And there wont be a coke, tater chip or anything left in the cupboard.

Mine is 17 and they can flat out clean out a kitchen! However, I think my daughters crowd of 13-14 yr old girls can out do them!

Appreciate the comments!

specialk

uh......... no

Yep!

Mine is 17 and they can flat out clean out a kitchen! However, I think my daughters crowd of 13-14 yr old girls can out do them!

Appreciate the comments!

mine's the same....I'd rather have to buy him clothes than feed him.....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good googely moogely!

Yes sir, all that will do just fine. I'll have one of each, please.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Have mercy!:cool:

Cmp1

BANNED
Everything looks great,,,, I've had slaw on dogs and chili on dogs, Coneys, but never both, will have to try it out someday,,,,

naildrvr

Ole RYork done showed out again. That's some good looking eats for sure!! Well done sir.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Top Shelf rotation going on up thayah!

Dub

Man.....you knock it out of the park each and every time !!!!!!!