Muzzy Extreme Duty Bowfishing Kit?

TBass

I think it's an outstanding deal!!! The only thing I'm not crazy about is the Fast Flight line that comes with it, but plenty other people prefer that line. I have set up several friends bows with this kit. Even on ebay you can get a deal on this kit. No better way to get started. Be sure you also buy some safety slides for your arrow.

Fish218

Thanks a ton for the quick responses.... What are "safety slides"?
I recently left GA, much to my dismay, but am now in the VA/DC area. Been fishing Shad in the Potomac the last two weeks and have seen about 10 snakeheads from the bank. Talked to the VA Dept. of Fish and Game and bow fishing is a legal means as they don't care how you do it but they want snakeheads dead..... so I am a newbie and looking to get into it quickly....!!!!

eman1885

if you are using a zebco style reel do not use the safety slides. they will let you draw the bow without pushing the button on the reel.

TBass

I've always used safety slides and everyone I've ever bowfished with has always used them. They are much more user friendly. I have never had any issues nor have I ever heard of anyone having any issues and all any of us shoot is spincast reels. I have a shakespeare and a Muzzy and they work great with 200# Power Pro line. It's all just preference.

Buckaholic2000

If you use a safety slide with a spincast reel you need to use their rod adapter otherwise if you forget to push the button you can draw and shoot the bow and either you will lose an arrow break a pickup pin. Only use safty slides when using AMS bottle reels or hand wrap style reel and always use them with these style reels but if you use them with any spincast reel your asking for problems just tie to the back its much easier and safer

thompsonsz71

ive been using slides with my spinners for 5 or so years now? never had a problem... i do prefer ring slides over the ams... i used to tie to the back but cant anymore because of my rest.... just have to make sure you press the button!

markland

Works for me!!!

Attachments

• 070910 7 6 230 REV.jpg
    070910 7 6 230 REV.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 4,433

BigSwole

I used this kit. Everything works great and is a great way to get started. Only complaint i had was getting the line on the reel. It was a pita but that was prob more of me in a rush to go fishing than anything else.

I tie to the back and have had no problems. If you gorget to push the button, it will remind you.

markland

Just make a small loop in your line to use as a slip loop and then double wrap that around the spool and your done.

BigSwole

Yeah i read the directions 10x and couldnt understand it. So i wrapped it by hand a few times and that got it started.

Only thing now after shooting a few times my line is twisting and i keep trying to untwist it

markland

If your line get's twisted just try hanging the arrow 3-4 ft off the bow for a few seconds and let it untwist some and that should help, if it is twisted badly, take the arrow off the line and unspool the line out behind the boat as your moving along and then rewind it back on and that should be good. Sometimes you just have to stop shooting and let it untwist a little bit, but should not be a big problem unless your line is slipping on the spool then it will twist up.

BigSwole

Alright ill try that, whats the best way to get the fish off the arrow? I just dropped my lb-dge to 46 lbs, idk what it was before but i was getting all passthroughs.

Its an onieda screaming eagle

Latest posts