North and NW Georgia hunting

Luke11

Hello! New to the Georgia area. Wondering how the hunting is up in the northern (blue ridge area) and NW part of the state.

meatseeker

Plenty of game around. Depending on where you are from it may be totally different hunting. I've put plenty of meat on the table and critters on the wall here. I'm in mineral Bluff also. As with most places finding private land will be hard. But plenty of public. I believe fannin county is 75% state and federal land. Any questions let me know

The Fever

You'll get two answers.

No deer.

Plenty of deer.

Some of the biggest deer I've seen were up there. Get after them!

Luke11

I am good with getting out and doing some hunting. We just bought 11 acres out in mineral springs area, right on house house creek. Seen a couple deer with our cam, but very interested in getting out in the public land. Appreciate the info!!

Luke11

You said if I had any questions about hunting up in the blue ridge area to ask...ha! well, taking you up on that. I am trying to swing it so I can get up there sunday evening and hunt a couple of days. That area is all new to me and would like to have a good direction or area to check out. Appreciate any advice you would like to share!!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I'll say this.....have a map, compass etc.. Depending on how far you decide to trek, you may need both. Check out the area you just bought as well as what is around there and where you plan to hunt, on line before you go!! Then again when you get home and you can really come up with a game plan.
The wind really shifts up here so it can be a challenge if there is any wind, to use it to your advantage.

All that said, just go and enjoy the woods:cool:

Get out there and walk around, look for sign...........I have no doubt you WILL FIND IT, if you look. Probably run into some hogs too!!:clap:

Come back and ask more questions and TELL US what you are finding!!:cheers:

BTW-Be safe too;)

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Luke11 I'd suggest u send meatseeker a private message , if he lives in the area he probably has a ton of knowledge for the area and may be glad to share with one person before giving out to much info on here , us hunters can be kinda secretive , I know first hand those hills can be intimidating , but it's one beautiful area , good luck !

meatseeker

Sent you a pm. And if your on hothouse creek I suggest you check your back yard for sure. You can also go to qpublic.net and find your neighboring properties without going to the courthouse and possibly get permission on adjoining land.

Strotherdr

I live in Mineral Bluff as well, there's plenty of deer up there. Also, you should check out some local NF land ( Chattahoochee and Cherokee). You won't be disappointed. Good luck this year and welcome to the neighborhood!

Luke11

Made it out there this past weekend. Did get out in the woods, quite a bit actually. Not a lot of sign :(
Hit up coopers creek, BR and Rich mtn area, as well up in Mineral Bluffs. Only saw some turkey out in coopers. Beautiful area up there, will get back up there.