paddle board

shawn dooley

I am wanting to get a paddle boarding I can't figure out way size I will need. I am 6 foot 206 pound. I will be using it on lanier. Any suggestions on board that will hold me and some gear.

cophunter308

I don't know anything about SUP's but I just bought a Vibe kayak and I'm very pleased with it. Vibe also makes SUP's and their headquarters is located in Kennesaw and they have a nice showroom area. Good luck to you.

Bream Pole

Where are Vibe's made? Somebody told me they were a China import. Not that that matters as they have excellent reviews; I was just curious.

Coenen

Where are Vibe's made? Somebody told me they were a China import. Not that that matters as they have excellent reviews; I was just curious.
Correct. They are manufactured in China. The company is based in Kennesaw, by all accounts they're great folks. If you're a Facebooker, check out their owners' group page, great community there.

Vibe is working on an SUP, but there have been some delays in getting them to market.

Dooley, why are you looking SUP over a 'yak? I feel like a quality Yak would give you a lot more bang for your buck than a SUP.

little rascal

I was thinking

about a paddle board set up for fishing. Didn't think it was a possibility because you need a longer and larger one than a kayak. I had no way to haul one. I have just added a ladder rack to my truck, so now it's possible.
Just have to find one suitable and affordable.
There's some pretty good you tube vids on fishing paddle board set ups !

cophunter308

Correct on manufactured in China; just head quartered in Kennesaw. Great folks to deal with. They also have some YouTube videos.