Still Cleaning Up After Irma

T-N-T

Just take that bucket and right the tree. Then stake it off.

You're welcome buddy!

BriarPatch99

I have cut up several big oak trees and a few smaller ones in the yard ... a Semi truck load out of my food plots most of those pines except one huge maple ...

I still have to finish up the maple ... already cut four gator loads off of it ...

I came back to the oak before it dried out ... dry oak is rough on a chain ...

TNT ... there is another one close by to take the oak's place ...

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I guess you didn't get the memo from the .Gov about those bow saws being too dangerous.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I guess you didn't get the memo from the .Gov about those bow saws being too dangerous.

I just picked up an old poulan bow saw at an auction on the cheap. Doesn't run. Going to completely refurbished it

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I wore out 2 just like that one and my brother wore out another. Daddy ran a Burns before he got the first Poulan. Man that thing was heavy. The Poulan was a thing of beauty and did half the work for you. It should not be handled by idiots, however.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
There is a bow saw in the work barn. Hasn't been cranked in a few years but it is/was a workhorse.

BriarPatch99

You defiantly have to watch what you are doing with a bow saw ... but they are much more productive in capable hands ...

I find working around vines to be the most dangerous when using a bow ...

That Poulan has had some muffer mods ... to make it more productive and one them Non-snowflake chains ...!!!

Last edited:

GA native

Poulans will cut .... when you can keep them going long enough !

Those old "Made in the USA" Poulans are great. The new ones coming out of China are just glorified boat anchors.

I learned the trick to keeping my 30 year old Poulan running is to use rec fuel. It can't burn ethanol.