Unfinished huge house in Milner

Davis31052

Anyone know the story on the huge house there? Right beside US-41?

Last edited:

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
No, but man was it a waste. I remember 10 years ago when it was being framed, the plywood is black and rotten now. I bet the frame isn't worth a darn now either.

specialk

Use to b an old duesenberg type car out front....sweet car....

naildrvr

I heard that they ran out of money and couldn't get financing. I also heard that it was red flagged by inspector for not being structurally sound. I really don't know for sure, but yes it is a waste. It could have been a super nice home, maybe could have made an episode of MTV Cribs.

T-N-T

I don't know the house in the OP.
But I knew of a guy who started a big house close to me and got it all the way through sheetrock with cash. Then went to get financing for the rest.
He struggled for a year to do so.....

rjcruiser

I don't know the house in the OP.
But I knew of a guy who started a big house close to me and got it all the way through sheetrock with cash. Then went to get financing for the rest.
He struggled for a year to do so.....

banks are super stingy after the 2007 crash. I'm dealing with the same thing right now as I try and owner build my...er..I mean my wife's dream house.:D

oops1

Buzzard Expert
There's one in seaside like that.. I've heard it is Michael Jordan's but who knows?? It's beach front and kind of looks like an eagle but last time I saw it.. It was still mid build

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
We had one down here like that, it was a big un. Story goes that it belonged to a NFL player who sent off for murder. Just framed in, sat there and had trees growing inside it.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I see it all the time on the way to Yatesville. Always wonder what's up wit dat.

naildrvr

You ever been to the chitling festival in yatesville?

I've been a few times. Probably gonna pay a visit this year too. The kids like to watch the parade and try to talk me into buying them a bunch of useless goodies that they think they need.

specialk

I've been a few times. Probably gonna pay a visit this year too. The kids like to watch the parade and try to talk me into buying them a bunch of useless goodies that they think they need.

I've been a time or two over the years.....I read an article one time about it.....they cook 1/2 ton of them things on Saturday......I liked their fried ones.....