Jehovah's Witnesses

Jody Hawk

My buddy recently lost his mother to cancer. His mother, stepfather and brother were all Jehovah's Witnesses. My buddy and his wife are Baptist. They had the memorial service at the Kingdom Hall. After the service, the preacher walked to the front row to shake hands and offer condolences. My buddy said he looked at him and his wife, walked right on past them and shook hands with the rest of the family. He said he'd never forget that as long as he lives.

StriperAddict

Religious pharisee's are the most contemptible lot on earth and in heav, umm, wait... we're likely not gonna find them there

1gr8bldr

This kind of thing is not confined to JW churches nor is represenative of them. I would not know this for sure, but I say this because I have seen equal things in other churches that I will not name

jigman29

I used to be a j.w. and will tell you from experience they are some of the most unusual people you will ever be around.I remember when my granny's dad died she and 2 of her sisters who were also j.w.'s would not even go into the baptist church where they had the service.They are full of themselves worse than most to me and they are brain washed like you wouldn't believe.They go door to door trying to get you to come to they're kingdom hall and try it out but if you invite them they will shut down about as quick as anything you will see.I spent about 16 years with them and have never been happier since walking into a baptist church and finding the lord.

1gr8bldr

I used to be a j.w. and will tell you from experience they are some of the most unusual people you will ever be around.I remember when my granny's dad died she and 2 of her sisters who were also j.w.'s would not even go into the baptist church where they had the service.They are full of themselves worse than most to me and they are brain washed like you wouldn't believe.They go door to door trying to get you to come to they're kingdom hall and try it out but if you invite them they will shut down about as quick as anything you will see.I spent about 16 years with them and have never been happier since walking into a baptist church and finding the lord.

the ones that come to my door are very nice

rjcruiser

I just tell them I believe Jesus is God and they leave as quick as they came.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
My buddy recently lost his mother to cancer. His mother, stepfather and brother were all Jehovah's Witnesses. My buddy and his wife are Baptist. They had the memorial service at the Kingdom Hall. After the service, the preacher walked to the front row to shake hands and offer condolences. My buddy said he looked at him and his wife, walked right on past them and shook hands with the rest of the family. He said he'd never forget that as long as he lives.

Apparantly the wife allowed the rest of the family to 'talk her into' having the funeral at a place her husband wouldn't have wanted.
That preacher will pay for his attitude.

35 Whelen

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and have conducted two funeral services. After the service I spoke to all the family members whether they were Jehovah's Witnesses or not. That should not have happened.

Huntinfool

Would you be up for posting up (in a new thread) what you believe and why you believe other denominations are wrong?

I started to say "why Christians are wrong". But, as I understand it, JW do believe themselve Christians (as do Mormons).

BANDERSNATCH

August 15, 1968 WATCHTOWER page 494

"Why are you looking forward to 1975?"

When I show JW's this article (from their own Watchtower...from the only prophet in the world today) I tell them to substitute 2018 in to get the effect of what the Watchtower was telling people in 1968. The article states that the 1000 year reign of Christ would begin in the fall of 1968...."within a matter of weeks or months; not years" Why publish an article like that, 8 years in advance, if they weren't prophesying something?

1gr8bldr

Would you be up for posting up (in a new thread) what you believe and why you believe other denominations are wrong?

I started to say "why Christians are wrong". But, as I understand it, JW do believe themselve Christians (as do Mormons).
I'm not JW, but for any belief, that would be hard to do without writing a book.

1gr8bldr

I think a thread on JW's would be very informative. After talking to several on my front porch, I found out several ways in which they had been misrepresented by what I was told about them. They do not believe that they have to go door to door in a works salvation.

BANDERSNATCH

I think a thread on JW's would be very informative. After talking to several on my front porch, I found out several ways in which they had been misrepresented by what I was told about them. They do not believe that they have to go door to door in a works salvation.

I seriously doubt you'll find one that is comfortable in not going door-to-door, though. They may say that they don't need to, and are only doing what Jehovah has asked them to do, but since they have no guarantee that Jehovah will resurrect them in the end, why chance it? :)

A JW thread would have to include a promise of "no debating" before a JW would engage us....IMO.

Huntinfool

You're probably right. I'd be curious just from the information standpoint. It could get ugly real quick though...you're right.

Huntinfool

I say you're not man enough to post what you want to post....

(Just kidding. Don't do it man. Who else will back me and my condemning ideas up if you're not here!)

rjcruiser

I say you're not man enough to post what you want to post....

(Just kidding. Don't do it man. Who else will back me and my condemning ideas up if you're not here!)

Who said I was backing you up? I'm not sure I 100% agree with you on the divorce thing::ke:::ke:

I surely don't agree with you on family only worship::ke:::ke:::ke:

At least you've come around to agree with me about private Christian school education;)