bowfishing for gators

lancek742

markland thank you for the information. I will look into the set up you are talking about. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope we get drawn this year.

groundhawg

Agree!
We/Muzzy also have an economy gator getter version now with attached reel/float system, arrow, head and 400# line that will work just fine on your setup.
FYI I have shot all my alligators including my 12' 6" with 53-54# recurves and they work just fine, just need to get the point under the hide, not trying to shoot thru them. Good luck

This is a good set-up. Have two and they have worked well for years with my crossbow and recurve.

groundhawg

Thanks. No guide. A buddy from work got a 9 footer a couple years ago. Gonna follow his lead lol

Good luck, hope you do great. But you have waited at least 3 years to get the points, might want to contact more local folks or a guide in your area. Should greatly increase your odds of getting an alligator.

markland

Just contact me directly if you have any questions or issues and will be glad to help! Good luck

mako63

Raise Out of State Resident prices to Hunt Alligators.

hopefully will be getting drawn for alligator tag this year. If so I am thinking about taking the bow. I have a martin recurve I use for bow fishing with a bottle reel set up. Can this bow be used for gators and if so what set up changes do I need to make. Thanks for any information you all might have.
It now takes 5 to 6 years to get a tag. it only cost $220.00 for an out of state resident to hunt gators. If you go to FLA it would cost you $1000.00, SC is about 700.00 and AL does not even allow out of state hunters. Because we are the cheapest state for alligator fees for out of state hunter it limits the GA resident chances. The DNR is having meeting around the state about raising lic. fees. They need to raise our out of state fees for hunting alligators to $1000.00. Give the Ga hunters a better chance.

Also there is a loop hole in the Lifetime lic. that allows a out of state 65 yr. old residents who are a resident of another state and pay taxes there to get a lifetime for $10.00 just by living 6 months in GA.

Major overhaul need I feel.