seed eating turkeys!

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
seems like every year when we plant, for a few days afterwards the turkey turn it into a all you can eat buffet! when we walk up on the plots they are full of turkey munching on seed! do yall have the same problem?

S.Dailey

Phil,

I planted a plot of M.O. Biologic Green Patch Plus last weekend and opening morning I had about 30 turkeys come through and tear it up. Not only are the turkeys hitting it but he crows are as well. However, the plot is doing great. It really chapped my rear end watching them coming through Saturday morning and I couldn't do anything about it. What can you do? ::huh:

Shannon

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Yep... But I don't know how devastating they are to the plots - We see this every year, but the plots seem to come up thick enough... So, hopefully, they are just eating their fair share:)

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Looked like they laid down and made snow angels in our plots! But like Tommy said they came up nice.

Jim

Glenn

We have the same problem but I like having the turkeys around so it really is not a problem.

It is kind of funny watching about 25 birds come into a food plot and then they get into a line and work the plot like a lawn mower :p

H

HT2

Eatin' Seeds......

We've had more issues with "DOVES" than anything.........

We walk up to a plot and the "DOVE" go a flyin'........

But, now the Rye is up good and they ain't got no seed to eat...... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Man, this rain is hittin' just right!!!!!!! :clap:

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
oh no! this isnt gonna turn into a b###ing isue is it? :speechles