Merry Christmas dog Hunters

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
This time of year reminds me of Stewart County 30 years ago and running the dogs from the day after Christmas till New Years eve. I hope all of yall have a fine Christmas and some great chases. I am still begging for a hound hunt down that way. Would like to hear them run one more time.

gontaget1

Interesting! In Lafayette county FL. i have run them for over 40 years straight, day after Christmas till few days after new years. Hope we have lots of those weeks left!! I agree with the guy who posted before me, if you can make it to Florida we will let you listen to them sing one of the finest songs available!!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Interesting! In Lafayette county FL. i have run them for over 40 years straight, day after Christmas till few days after new years. Hope we have lots of those weeks left!! I agree with the guy who posted before me, if you can make it to Florida we will let you listen to them sing one of the finest songs available!!

Thanks guys for the invites and the PM's. Not going to make it this year on count of stupid doctors telling me I got other things I need to do. I do Appreciate yall inviting me and sounds like most dog hunters I know, who are some of the greatest people on this planet. I grew up dog hunting back in the 60's and there has never been a more exciting way to deer hunt than dogging in my opinion. Never forget my first hunt down it Colquitt county when a smart old Buck taught me that I knew nothing about dog hunting. Lots of people think it is an easy way to kill deer, but most of them have never had to shoot a deer in a one second window when he is crossing from one block to the next. They have never hunted deer all day and dogs all night. Never heard someone say they gonna cross at sandy bottom on the CB and run hard over rough roads to beat the hounds if not the deer to the place that is posted, never heard that first howl on a cold morning and wonder which way the deer is gonna take the dogs. But if I can get down there one more time I am gonna enjoy just hearing the dogs and hope the wind aint blowing too hard. Thanks guys down at the Duck Roost and the others that have PMed me an invite. I am gonna show up one day.

T.P.

Banned
Thanks guys for the invites and the PM's. Not going to make it this year on count of stupid doctors telling me I got other things I need to do. I do Appreciate yall inviting me and sounds like most dog hunters I know, who are some of the greatest people on this planet. I grew up dog hunting back in the 60's and there has never been a more exciting way to deer hunt than dogging in my opinion. Never forget my first hunt down it Colquitt county when a smart old Buck taught me that I knew nothing about dog hunting. Lots of people think it is an easy way to kill deer, but most of them have never had to shoot a deer in a one second window when he is crossing from one block to the next. They have never hunted deer all day and dogs all night. Never heard someone say they gonna cross at sandy bottom on the CB and run hard over rough roads to beat the hounds if not the deer to the place that is posted, never heard that first howl on a cold morning and wonder which way the deer is gonna take the dogs. But if I can get down there one more time I am gonna enjoy just hearing the dogs and hope the wind aint blowing too hard. Thanks guys down at the Duck Roost and the others that have PMed me an invite. I am gonna show up one day.

Pick me up on your way down!:cheers:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master

Pick me up on your way down!:cheers:

Make room for one more! :cheers: