negative lows

jfish

told you guys it was gonna suck....as in all the water out this weekend.

-1.6 negative means lots of new sandbars.

good news it was running so hard you could barely stand up. 10 minutes it washed me off and out.

Attachments

• IMG_1.6.JPG
    IMG_1.6.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 584

Chap

I stayed away this weekend for a variety of reasons. The most convenient boat ramp to me is usually congested with people who are not very experienced with operating their boats or who don't care enough to show common courtesy. A crazy tide swing is a wild card in the equation that many of them do not know how to handle or cannot fathom the potential complications it can cause.

Steve762us

told you guys it was gonna suck....as in all the water out this weekend.

-1.6 negative means lots of new sandbars.

good news it was running so hard you could barely stand up. 10 minutes it washed me off and out.

Lucky ya got it on an incoming...takes a lot longer than
10 minutes on an outgoing :fine:

Negative lows are par for the course, on full & new moons.

jfish

It was outgoing............to be honest there was another 1hr of out going water left facepalm:

and you are correct on extreme moon phases. i find new moon to be far worse for tide swings.facepalm:

it was lower than I had ever seen it this year. this particular cut more low than I have ever seen it period. but hey you have to try to go right?!?

wasn't my first time stuck somewhere just happen to be first time here lol

Redman54

:cool:It happens to the best of us!

trippcasey

I stayed away this weekend for a variety of reasons. The most convenient boat ramp to me is usually congested with people who are not very experienced with operating their boats or who don't care enough to show common courtesy. A crazy tide swing is a wild card in the equation that many of them do not know how to handle or cannot fathom the potential complications it can cause.

As did I. I went down to the ramp for a few Saturday to observe some googaneering, but I was either too late or too early. There wasn't a huge amount of boats out to my surprise. The water looked like chocolate milk. I was kinda glad I stayed home...although we did miss a good weekend to prop a cooler up on a sand bar with an umbrella and some chairs.

jfish

That is exactly what we were doing. Prop up umbrella and have fun kinda weekend. Water was awful.