Daiwa BG?

ssramage

Spent a good bit of time with this reel this morning. VERY solid for the price point. Even in the 3000 size it handled a 30" red and 3' bonnethead with no problems. Smooth all the way around. I'd highly recommend it for anyone looking for an entry level, quality rig.

Silver Bullet

Looking at picking up a reel that will hold around 300 yards of 30 braid. Looks like this is a solid contender in the 4000 size. Still haven't ruled out a Conflict II 5000 or even a Lexa 400, but for half the price, it looks like a no brainer...
Appreciate the review and comments.
SB

Rabun

Spent a good bit of time with this reel this morning. VERY solid for the price point. Even in the 3000 size it handled a 30" red and 3' bonnethead with no problems. Smooth all the way around. I'd highly recommend it for anyone looking for an entry level, quality rig.

Thanks for the info on these. I have several old BG reels that I have been happy with but are needing replacement and wondered if the new one's were any good.

trippcasey

Looking at picking up a reel that will hold around 300 yards of 30 braid. Looks like this is a solid contender in the 4000 size. Still haven't ruled out a Conflict II 5000 or even a Lexa 400, but for half the price, it looks like a no brainer...
Appreciate the review and comments.
SB

Not talking about the BG, but man those Conflict reels are good reels.