RAW data

gordon 2

My reference to audience was not intended to exclude any person, or group of people, from our responsibility to represent our faith, but to emphasis that not all instructions given are intended for all of Christ's disciples. Some are called to a particular type of ministry (pastors, evangelists, teachers, etc.); all who are called to Christ are called to ministry but most are not called to be pastors or evangelists, and there are instructions in scripture that are directed to those who have those particular callings.

My personal take on those instructions which are of a general nature has been expressed in the witticism "tell everybody about your Savior, Jesus Christ, and if you must, use words." (1Pet. 2:12,15; 3:14-16; Phil. 2:14,15; 2 Cor. 8,21)

My intent in post #8 was to suggest that, since we are required here, on an internet forum, to "use words", that we might benefit by talking about those general instructions, and how they apply to our use of this medium.

This is what I glean:

Honesty.

Well doing.

Sanctify the Lord God in your Hearts: answer a human being in meekness and fear.

No murmerings or disputing... "and I will add no name calling or labelling".

Be blameless and harmless, without rebuke.

Be honest to a fault to saint and sinner... this serves as a witness.

------------------

Tall order! It is a tall order in a world where professional people are paid handsomely to spin the truth and to lie covertly. It is a tall order in a world where being a professional liar is a respectable career choice for our children and their parents. It is a tall order in a world where everything is false news--even for some, more now than before, the Good News suspect... It is a tall order when I say on Sunday "It is better to give than to receive." and the week remaining "It is better to control than to be controlled."

Last edited: