range finder

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a Vortex 1000 that I picked up for hunting right before the 1500 came out. We use a Leica for or long range pursuits. My buddy picked up one of the Sigs to hunt with. All 3 of these are within 1-2' of each other at 1K.

I purchased the Vortex primarily because it had a tripod mount. The Sig you have to buy an optional sleeve for. This was primarily in case the Leica failed for some reason. We use the LRF to confirm what we get measuring with the reticle. When you mount it to keep it steady some of those 1/2 the distance issues go away. I know I have ranged deer (not so reflective) at 800 yards with my Vortex. BTW we sold the Leica and bought a LabRadar.

If you can still find the Vortex 1000 it seems like it is only about $50 more than your limit. The only thing I am not fond of is how many button pushes it takes to range when it is asleep.

Klondike

Sig Sauer Kilo 850

Is a little over $200 but I would highly recommend you spend the extra dough.

Best rangefinder in its price range from a mfg new to optics that wants to buy a position

Go to an outdoor store and most will have it. Pull out all the rangefinders in its class and compare.

Small, compact, simple, clear FOV and the ranging is FAST

So much better than my nikon it was kind of embarrassing.

Jester896

Senior Clown
one more thing...the Vortex is 6X and clearer than the Leupold on my High Wall in the same light at 6X

pdsniper

if you are former or active Military or Active or retired LE Vortex offers a 40% discount on all their products so that would put you well with in budget

wareagle700

If you can spend a tad more the Sig Kilo LRF's are great and reach way out there.

nX3RBnlh.jpg