GA Power or Jackson EMC?? Which to choose

leoparddog

I'm moving to Dacula pretty soon and it looks like I may have a choice between GA Power and Jackson EMC.

Does anyone have any feedback on these two providers?

I know GA Power is the big player in the state, but would Jackson EMC be a better provider? Pros and Cons welcomed.
Thanks

willbuck

Grew up on Jackson EMC - never had any issues and knew a lot of people who worked for them.

DYI hunting

I like Jackson EMC. Yearly member meetings, marginal refunds, and home security monitoring for only $16.95. Can't beat them.

BDAWG

Emc All The Way.better Service In My Opinion And When Your Power Goes Out They Are Right On It!

Todd E

I really don't see how you have a choice. EMC's and Ga Power have their boundaries. They can't cross into anothers territory. They will run jointly on poles within one anothers territory, but only pull off to serve customers within their zones.

MOTS

Todd E said:
I really don't see how you have a choice. EMC's and Ga Power have their boundaries. They can't cross into anothers territory. They will run jointly on poles within one anothers territory, but only pull off to serve customers within their zones.
That's what i thought. Don't the EMC's buy power from GA Power? Around here GP is usually the cheapest by far. But I'm paying the extra for EMC because I can't get GP.