Tree Rat Shooting Contest?

Bubbaforsure

might be an unfair advatage with the thick winter coats on em' up here. their a lot bigger. i saw two rather large fox squirrels in a tree up above me when it was only 10 degrees out. one squirrel turned to the other and said," what's that nut doing out here, it's freezing outside!" then the other one said," should we bury him where he sits or carry him back to the nest?":pop:

Man....You're "ON" tonight.....We need to call David Letterman and get you on TV...LOL

longbowdave1

longstreet,
not only will you be the first to get a kill with it , but you'll be the first to launch and arrow from it. the varnish is barely dry on her!

Bubbaforsure

Do you want to actually hit them with the arrow or just run it real close to their nose?The shaft and fletching going by so close sucks all the air out of their little lungs and they suffocate. Doesn't tear up any meat.

Just saying, that's how I usually do it.

Yepp....Ya ...have to actually hit them!
But the other way is allot funnier! LOL

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
Tree rat contest??? Great Idea. Extra points for video. Great Idea!! How bout extra points for any shot below 32 degrees. Due to the "I'm so frozen I can hardly pull my bow factor???" :D
How bout 3 winners, smallest, biggest, and most kilt.

Last edited:

Bubbaforsure

Tree rat contest??? Great Idea. Extra points for video. Great Idea!! How bout extra points for any shot below 32 degrees. Due to the "I'm so frozen I can hardly pull my bow factor???" :D
How bout 3 winners, smallest, biggest, and most kilt.

Sounds good...We'll finish putting this together tonight :banana:

D.J. Smith

I have two questions, Can you hunt them over bait?? Any extra points on the total score for a Texas heart shot?? LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
I have two questions, Can you hunt them over bait?? Any extra points on the total score for a Texas hart shot?? LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Dont know if bait is legal or not, but I could go with the extra points for the "Famous TX Heart Shot"
:bounce:

D.J. Smith

Do flying squirrel count for more points?? They are smaller, faster & harder to hit flying thru the air!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

crackerdave

Man,y'all are amazing to me - if you can hit a dang squirrel with a bow.
I wish I'd thought of it sooner - it'd be great if you could show the kids at the youth hunt this Saturday what a real archer looks like!:bounce:

Bubbaforsure

Man,y'all are amazing to me - if you can hit a dang squirrel with a bow.
I wish I'd thought of it sooner - it'd be great if you could show the kids at the youth hunt this Saturday what a real archer looks like!:bounce:

Hunting over bait......I think we need to give them a sporting chance? :huh:

Bubbaforsure

How about this....

Traditional Bows Only
1-2-3 Places, Set by the number of kills
1st Place Prize: Flemish String From BK
Duration: Jan 20 to Feb 28
Any/All State Regs Apply
Must Show Picture Of Dead Tree Rat With Arrow In Place
Actual Video of Tree Rat kill, counts as a double kill

Not Allowed:
Shooting Tree Rat With 22 And Inserting Arrow :rofl::rofl:
Shooting over any/all bait

Check post #39 for final rules and regs
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

OconeeDan

I'll throw in a letter opener for one of the winners.

Longbowdave, if your season ends 1/31, maybe you can get started? Or maybe you just need to move to Georgia!

I may have to go somewhere else to hunt. My yard squirrels know to hide when I have a bow in hand!
Dan

longbowdave1

i'm going to work on getting out this weekend, it's the first time above 32 degrees in severeal weeks. tree rats, rabbits, and coyotes on the menu.:banana:

Bubbaforsure

Let's just start tomrrow to help the guys up north out and give them a little more time to hunt
So here we go.......It's time to get after "Ole Brushy Tail "
Let's start seeing some pictures......
I will be glad to keep score for everyone and post weekly updates on Sunday evening

Traditional Bows Only
1-2-3 Places, Set by the number of kills
Prizes:
Flemish String From BK
Letter opener From Oconee Dan
Spider Legs String Silencers From me and my boys
We will let the three winners pick prizes out in the order they finish
Starting Date: Jan 13
Ending Date: Feb 28
Any/All State Regs Apply
Must Show Picture Of Dead Tree Rat With Arrow In Place
Actual Video of Tree Rat kill, counts as a double kill
Head shots kills count as a double kill

Not Allowed:
Shooting Tree Rat With 22 And Inserting Arrow :rofl::rofl:
or over bait

Special Thank's to Brian and Dan for donating prizes......

Last edited: