Walker co. Deer thread 2012-13

Inthegarge

Wahooooooooo...It's on tomorrow....Ck'd cameras and 1 had 294 picts in 2 weeks...Several New Bucks and 1st twin fawns...Put up Blinds in case it rains...Most Buck photos were within 40yds of the blinds...
LateAug Buck.jpg

New foodplot Buck.jpg

New foodplot Buck (2).jpg

1st spotted fawns.jpg

ssw

gett a few picts at foot of look ou t

all bucks no does

Attachments

• PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,073
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,061
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,057
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,058
  • PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,103
  • PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,119
  • PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,105
  • PICT0013.jpg
    PICT0013.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,120

jmcrae1

Any luck yet? I have been a few times and have seen nothing but squirells and turkeys.

huntfishwork

Two young bucks Saturday night. When I was getting out of the stand Sunday morning at 11:30 I had two young bucks and a mature six pointer come in. All I could do was stand there and watch'em. Didn't see a single doe. They're eating acorns at our place.

NGa.MtnHunter

I dont bow hunt, I'm just waiting on Oct 11th.

Went to John's Mtn check station yesterday mornin, only 17 hunters checked in and no deers killed so far.
Anybody know whats been killed at Pigeon?

superman1275

my cousin killed a 6 pointer, and a there was a doe checked out and thats it as of monday night

RustyJeep

Had 2 fawns bed down 20 feet in front of me this evening. When their mom finally popped out I had too many eyes around to draw back. A great camera opportunity and I left the camera in the car.

huntfishwork

Found a fresh scrape opening weekend. I thought it was way too early for N.Ga. Put a camera in front of it and got several pics. The young 8 is still in velvet.:huh: Anybody else ever seen active scrapes in Walker this early?

Last edited:

superman1275

6 pointer from pigeon opening wknd killed by my cousin

Attachments

• imagejpeg_5.jpg
    imagejpeg_5.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 805

superman1275

rattlesnake i killed opening wknd on pigeon

Attachments

• imagejpeg_8.jpg
    imagejpeg_8.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 838

superman1275

killed on pigeon opening wknd, i do not know the guy but my uncle was sent a pic from someone he knows

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (3).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (3).jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 899

RossVegas

Glad I didn't run accross that snake

I've been to several hunts on Cohutta and Pigion mtn. I am new to hunting the NF land. Looking for someone in catoosa or walker county that knows of some good spots around here that wouldn't mind sharing and maybe a tagalong. I found a lease in Armuchie, but I've got 2 knee surgeries coming up in the next several months, with the first in Mid November. I've got a little time for muzzle loader and rifle, but can't justify the lease this year. May just be limited to the WMA's this year.

RustyJeep

I've been to several hunts on Cohutta and Pigion mtn. I am new to hunting the NF land. Looking for someone in catoosa or walker county that knows of some good spots around here that wouldn't mind sharing and maybe a tagalong. I found a lease in Armuchie, but I've got 2 knee surgeries coming up in the next several months, with the first in Mid November. I've got a little time for muzzle loader and rifle, but can't justify the lease this year. May just be limited to the WMA's this year.

Just remember if you hunt on NF land that it is buck only during gun season except for 1 day each month. :crazy:

RustyJeep

Ordinance No. 12-03

On Sept 10, 2012, the LaFayette City Council approved a bow hunting ordinance that prohibits hunting or bow target practice on less than a 5 acre contiguous parcel. Please call (706) 639-1501 and let them know that we do not want this ordinance.

AJLBucks

Anxious to be in the woods in the morning! Got a lot of sign and acorns all around this stand. Haven't hunted it yet this season. Hope it pays off!