Controlling the shot!!!

markland

Chase a clicker is exactly what you need for the issue you are trying to control!

hogdgz

Thanks Mark, shot a good bit today. Was shooting. Real good just couldn't slow it down. I think I am going to play with the clicker for a lil while. Thanks bud

markland

Sounds good just holler if you need any help with it. Good luck

243SuperRC

Quotes from archery coach Terry Wunderel that have helped me.
"Aiming is way overrated. Most target archers--and almost all hunters--make the same mistake. Here's the thing. Aiming, the attempt to guide the pin back to the bull's-eye, doesn't decrease movement. It increases it. Worse, it causes your bow arm to do one of three things: soften, tighten, or collapse. And then your shot is toast, because 95 percent of misses are actually caused by mistakes in the bow arm. That's what drives the shot. If you finish the shot and notice your bow arm going up or down, or off to either side, you're screwed. Because the shot goes where the bow arm directs it. So you want to drive the arm forward. Steady pressure right into the target. Drive that arrow home."

Also on the grip - "Keep your wrist "low," as in fully flexed backward, with the bow grip contacting your hand at the heel of your palm, about where your lifeline runs out. There's a bone there that gives you solid contact. Your fingers should be relaxed. If you're holding the bow correctly, at full draw your knuckles will line up at a 45-degree angle."

robert carter

There was a time when I struggled shooting deer. I starting hitting them good when I learned to pour my mind into focusing on two things. I focused on the spot to hit and I will not shoot untill I feel my hand touch my ear. I also try to get myself in the "zone" when I first think I may get a shot.
I know that at 15-20 yards I`m gonna hit a deer through the ribs if I hold form and focus on my spot. I honestly shoot deer and pigs better than targets. Folks think that is crazy when they hear that but my focus is lacking at 3d and I can`t hold concentration that many shots in a row. I also have found that I shoot poorly if I hold at full draw more than a second. I lose focus. When I hit anchor its gone. RC