Finally finished!

PyratM

So growing up, I always hunted with a Weatherby Mk 5 in 7mm Rem Mag. I used that rifle for years until I took a 10 year hiatus from hunting (got married, had kids, etc.)

This year I decided to get back into it and decided to look into a new hunting rig.

It started life as a 14.5" pinned and welded carbine in .223 Wilde. Since I wanted to hunt with it, I needed to explore a caliber conversion. I started looking into the 6.5 Grendel and the rest was history.

Proof 20" 6.5G barrel
JP Enhanced Bolt
Superlative Arms "Bleed Off" Gas Block
AAC Blackout FH
Nightforce Beast 5-25
Spuhr 4003b

Fresh out of the box

Barrel swapped

A little 5-axis mill work to clear the gas block

PyratM

By the skin of my teeth...

Scope mounted

The gas block still did not clear the rail when you seat it onto the upper receiver since the block height is not concentric about the bore axis. I needed to get it back up on the machine to mill out a .250" x 4" slot on the topside of the forward end of the rail.

After the slot was milled the block and gas tube still hit so I had to bail on the adjustable gas block and just throw on a Troy low profile block in order to clear the hand guard.

Also wound up taking off the Beast because it was just too much scope for the rifle. Ended up going with a Nightforce 2.5-10x24 in a Spuhr 3026 mount. Much better fit for my needs and keeps it to a nice, compact size.

Finished product (With exception of the 5.56 PMag. E-Lander just came in the mail today). Going out tomorrow to zero it in.

wareagle700

That's an AR you don't see everyday, very unique. Looks like it should shoot with the best of them too, good parts list.

GAHUNTER60

Love the caliber, too! Were I to get an AR for deer hunting, it would be between the Grendel and the 6.8 SPC. Since the SPC round has recently been ballistically downgraded from a muzzle velocity of 2,800 fps to 2,600 fps with a 115 grain bullet, the Grendel would probably get the nod.

pdsniper

That got to be the coolest looking AR I have ever seen AWESOME, there is a Company called VZ they make custom G10 AR grips that would do that gun a lot more justice