How to get rid of a broken couch

joepuppy

You guys are spot on. Anything that has been modified by man cannot be burned. Only natural vegetation and debris. GFC enforces this, but it is governed by EPD, which is federal. I cannot tell you how many calls I get each week for permits to burn "trash". I'd put it on CL and give it a week to get taken. After that, maybe go with the sawzall trick.

j_seph

What if it was in yard, someone was sitting on it watching the squirrels smoking a cig. They dropped their cig and it caught on fire, would I be clear then?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
They will write you a ticket

Yessir, last one I dealt with was demolished house debris. It was the owners second offense. Each of the four men there received a $600.00 ticket from the DNR.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I dismantled a recliner about 6 months ago. Stripped the fabric and foam, used a socket set to take apart the metal framework, and the wood pieces,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,we won't say what happened to it since Obama gave the EPA the permission to put their head up their keester and make stupid rules.

Took about three weeks to get rid of the parts in the garbage can, a little at a time. :cool:

goob

What if it was in yard, someone was sitting on it watching the squirrels smoking a cig. They dropped their cig and it caught on fire, would I be clear then?

Nope. You would still probably get a fine. Depending on who was at work.

GunnSmokeer

I've smashed up unwanted / dirty furniture with an axe and slegehammer in the back yard. The wood frame gets burned. Mix it with some natural sticks and tree limbs if you need to. The metal parts get smashed and folded over to fit in a trash can. If I have to get out the sawzall with the hacksaw blade, I can. It doesn't take too long to cut through most metals.
Foam and synthetic cloth get cut or chopped off and stuffed into the trash can.

j_seph

Tannerite worked great 10 lb is all it took.

joepuppy

Advertising illegal activities on public forum not the smartest of ideas. ::ke:

Uncle Joe

Cousin Tony put his couch in the drive about a car length in with a note that said "Gino, here's the couch. Sorry I couldn't stay and help load it, had to get to work.
When he got home it was gone.

Nuttin Better

Around here where I live you can't burn anything that does not grow on your property and they have closed all the public dumpster locations so we don't have anywhere we can haul it off. So you can always haul it off to some secluded dirt road and throw it on the side of the road. No just kidding big pieces of furniture are hard to get rid of nowadays.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
If you don't have trash service, sign up for it, drag it to the road beside your trash container on pick up day. Once they pick it up call and cancel your trash service. They will probably charge you for the full month but **** should only be @$25 at the most.