How did the dealership get my number???

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I had one of those robo calls this afternoon. It asked if I was having any pain in my body and needed help. I said yes just to see what would happen next. It said "hold on and someone will be right with you." Some foreign guy came on the line and asked me if I had medicare or medicade and I said no. He then asked me where my pain was and that's when I asked him where he got my number and gave him the whatnot. He hung up. I then called back the number which was a local number. Some old man answered and had no clue what I was talking about. I believed the old man.

mark-7mag

NOYDB

BANNED
I would have asked straight forward. "How did you get my phone number?" Make them explain it to you.

Who ever you get to talk to isn't the responsible person. And probably has no idea how the numbers are generated.
Just hang up. If you don't recognize the number on caller
ID, don't answer. Any real caller will leave a message.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Who ever you get to talk to isn't the responsible person. And probably has no idea how the numbers are generated.
Just hang up. If you don't recognize the number on caller
ID, don't answer. Any real caller will leave a message.

This. Amazingly I NEVER get a VM

mark-7mag

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Once someone enters my website google analytics will tell me the salary reported at that address and other qualifiers based on their surfing history. I have other programs that report the homes value and who lives their for shipping insurance purposes. I have their IP address, so I can send flyers to the address.

The phone stuff is available, I just don't use it.

How does an Internet Provider address help you send flyers to their home address? My IP is floating and regularly says I'm in Dahlonega, which I'm no where close to.

NOYDB

BANNED
Overnight, every night. Your data is processed on a computer. If they don't get you tonight, they will tomorrow night. Some systems process 24 hrs a day every day. There is nothing about you that can't be processed and there is a leech gloming the output in the hopes they can make some money off the data. When they process several hundred million peoples data, a small percentage of hits adds up to big bucks.

You are never really asked if your data can be spread around. They do go thru the motions. But bottom line results is even if the person you deal with is an honest player, not everyone that has access is. And once it has been leaked, it is available to the world from this day forward, until the internet is destroyed.

Your birth records are on line. And every contact you have ever had with the state is available. Your school records, your marriage certificate, your health records, your driver's license, what house you own or rent, your past jobs. Data about you is being added to the internet without your knowledge or permission all the time. Expect it and get used to it.