Washington county rut

Whitetailfreak23

I’m the past 3 weeks we have killed 4 does 3 which was 4.5 and one which was 3.5. All 4 had not been bred had eggs in there Ovaries Unfertilized. The bucks I have been seeing on cam and in food plots are not even interested in the does yet.

Seen my first sorta chasing yesterday which was a 3.5 year old 11 point we call stickers.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
How can you tell if an egg has been fertilized. Biologists don't start looking for a fetus for several weeks.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
We hunt Johnson county on the Oconee river just below Washington. We've had bucks chasing does since opening weekend. I saw 40+ deer the week of Halloween. 8or 9 different bucks and none were chasing. Had a 3 1/2 year old 8 point feeding with a couple does on the 31st. Didn't really pay them much attention. Some of our members are seeing rut action and some aren't. It's about the same as every year.

reflexman

Snake Dodger
saw pic on my brothers trail cam of buck breeding doe on oct 1st n I missed a big buck 5 years ago that was breeding young doe on dec 6th were on Johnson Washington line

jbarron

BANNED
I've got property in Washington County that me and my friend hunt. We've seen more rutting activity this year than the last 40 years years of hunting this property combined. From opening day (of gun season) to current. It's as if the bucks have lost their minds.

Our doe population was low so we stopped shooting does about 4 years ago. Now a lot of does call this property home.

Whitetailfreak23

We hunt Johnson county on the Oconee river just below Washington. We've had bucks chasing does since opening weekend. I saw 40+ deer the week of Halloween. 8or 9 different bucks and none were chasing. Had a 3 1/2 year old 8 point feeding with a couple does on the 31st. Didn't really pay them much attention. Some of our members are seeing rut action and some aren't. It's about the same as every year.

I am a biologist for game management. It’s quite easy to tell weather it’s been fertilized or not.