Echols County Hunting

Hello Everyone I need some help :

I’ve aquired a new lease starting this 2017 season in Echols County and i started for archery up to October 1st and seen a doe at my feeder which got me excited to see a deer telling me there were dear at the property, now it’s rifle season which I missed opening day, but I’ve seen buckson camera but when I sit on my shooter house I can’t seem to see anything. If anyone hunts this area and u can give me some pointers it will be great. I previously had a property in cuthbert and I decided to move due to the property being clear cut last season and flat woods hunting is new to me. If any one can help it will be great.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
What kind of camo are you wearing, Walmarks camo or scent lock? Have you tried ozonics ? What kind of atv do you have? Have you watched all the episodes of Lee and Tiffany? There are so many things that you could be doing wrong

What kind of camo are you wearing, Walmarks camo or scent lock? Have you tried ozonics ? What kind of atv do you have? Have you watched all the episodes of Lee and Tiffany? There are so many things that you could be doing wrong

I’m doing the same that I was doing in cuthbert, one thing I do notice is that temperature in this part isn’t cold enough for this time of year.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I’m doing the same that I was doing in cuthbert, one thing I do notice is that temperature in this part isn’t cold enough for this time of year.

It’s colder and wetter than this time last year

Highintheshoulder

Most of Echols county is hunted with dogs. I have some land in Clinch county and its pretty much done by Thanksgiving. Good luck.

cmcleod

The best chance to kill a mature buck in Echols usually opening weekend of gun season or before and in some cases the following weeks after opening gun. The peak of the rut is usually around opening weekend of gun season. You will need to get in the thick to see deer most of the time depending on your location. Once they get any pressure most go nocturnal. The secondary rut should be kicking in right now. IMO!

Nimrod71

Have you tried hunting in the thick, look for and hunt trails. Look for scrapes and deer sign. The harder the hunt the more I enjoy it. Hunting over bait doesn't teach you how to hunt it just lets you kill deer without much work, just spend money on bait. Indians use to live and hunt that area the west side of the great swamp. Hunt the trails and you will get the deer.