Three things that mean the most

ssmith

What three things mean the most to your comfort while hunting. For me it is a fleece gaiter around my neck ears and nose, a down filled muff for hands to stay warm, and a lithium battery for a hand warmer inside the muff. Working on getting the perfect seat cushion for my ladder stand to make comfort complete. Checking fat boy cushion out.

1gr8bldr

What three things mean the most to your comfort while hunting. For me it is a fleece gaiter around my neck ears and nose, a down filled muff for hands to stay warm, and a lithium battery for a hand warmer inside the muff. Working on getting the perfect seat cushion for my ladder stand to make comfort complete. Checking fat boy cushion out.
I have to have my fat boy.

ssmith

Is the Fatboy cushiony? I bought another for 45 bucks too hard and not comfortable sending it back

1gr8bldr

Is the Fatboy cushiony? I bought another for 45 bucks too hard and not comfortable sending it back
It does good although I don't describe it as cushiony. It needs to have support while distributing your weight evenly. It reminds me of a good wheel chair cushion.... if you have ever seen one

ssmith

Can you sit a long time without having to stand up take a break and reposition the cushion after about an hour as I do now

1gr8bldr

Can you sit a long time without having to stand up take a break and reposition the cushion after about an hour as I do now
I don't reposition the cushion, ever, however I do stand once every 30 minutes. Not so much because of the cushion but to stretch. I have seen several different cushions over the years. It's the best I have seen or used. My son has one that looks just like the fat boy however it is not near as good. It's like a dense memory foam, not like a pillow

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Dry feet, warm jacket and a hoodie to keep wind off my neck and ears.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Coffee thermos. Plus the time I shot off that one limb 35 ft over my left shoulder that was keeping me in the shade 2 hours longer than everything else in my immediate approximity. Was a game changer

deast1988

Got a Sitka Gear neck gaither any wind or temperature thing is awesome. I bought it for Boat rides duck hunting but it's dual purpose as a deer mask has been awesome in 50degrees to 15degreees with any kind of wind blowing.

I upgraded my boots to Danner pronghorn 1200grams. So far I've just been wearing a single pair of socks. They are one of the few boots I've put on an actually felt hear radiate in. I haven't worn them if it's been above 50. But every hunt below that hunt feet been nice An toasty.

I have a Columbia river wool jacket, this item Is awesome for cold An any wind. But I think I wanna upgrade to a heavier weight wool. Only item I need to tweak.

If I can keep my face/head warm An feet.

A good core layer with a buff jacket I can sit any temp GA has to throw at me.

Jim Boyd

Good friends and hunt mates

Good land and landowners

A wife that allows a long multi-state leash

The rest of it, to me, are details I can work out.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Cool weather, shooter bucks and whiskey.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Good boots, those thin masks from SA Company to cover face and neck are the best thing ever, and my 3 yr old granddaughter in the tower stand.

Twiggbuster

Cool weather to keep the bugs at bay
A stand that’s level with a good tree to lean back on
Intersection of good trails