; Lanier - Deep Fishing - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Fishing > Freshwater Fishing

Old 11-17-2017, 05:56 PM
Default Lanier - Deep Fishing

Out today with Curtis....tough day for us but started figuring some things out in the afternoon....like fishing deeper...35'-45'.

While fishing in a deep cove...Jimbo came in and while we caught some fish on drop shot, he was working the spoon...deep!

I should have taken the hint early....first place, I had two good hits on the DS in 38' of water...as the sun got up - I expected the fish to move up some with the sun being out...wrong!

My "ignant" self should have stayed deep but my inner stupid said no. Sure enough - after a few hours and only 2 fish....headed to deeper holes and over the next couple of hours, boated 6-7 more with a couple of good ones on the drop shot and Fruity Worms. Another key was after the first deep fish - I saw her spit up the little butter bean size shad...so we went to small 3" baits....bingo. I shocked the fish are on the winter holes that deep right now...61 degree water and fish at winter depth...I don't get it.

Always a ton of laughs with Curtis...I even cost him some money too....he went out and bought a drop shot set up after we went out a week ago....then another $28 on steaks that I talked about for 2 hours :-) LJ
Attached Images
Fishing is more than one Big Fish! CEO - Rainbow Warriors Club. "Fruity Worms Rule"