What is it?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Guys, I'm thinking about buying a 2014 GMC truck. On the left inside of the bed is a black box mounted to the rear side post near the tailgate. It has wires coming out of it. I may be an idiot, but I can't figure out what it is. Truck has a topper with LED lights mounted under the bed cap, but I don't think that has anything to do with the box? Could it be some kind of electrical box for trailer brakes, or what? Any ideas? Wish I had taken a pic.

rospaw

Guys, I'm thinking about buying a 2014 GMC truck. On the left inside of the bed is a black box mounted to the rear side post near the tailgate. It has wires coming out of it. I may be an idiot, but I can't figure out what it is. Truck has a topper with LED lights mounted under the bed cap, but I don't think that has anything to do with the box? Could it be some kind of electrical box for trailer brakes, or what? Any ideas? Wish I had taken a pic.

12 volt inverter ?
Wire size big/little?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Big, if I remember correctly. Tried to attach a pic, but won't upload.

rospaw

A long shot but maybe a scooter/wheelchair charger?
A long long shot, winch controls for receiver winch set-up?

1gr8bldr

Trailer brakes would be in the cab and run through the brake receptacle at the bumper.... but may not have had one so this may be a DIY version. Are the wires one each, 1 blue, brown, red, yellow ,blk, green, white?