Lake Sinclair with pic 2/15 & 2/17

61BelAir

I fished the night after Valentine's Day and caught my new Lake Sinclair personal best and then later broke that again! Most docks I fished only gave me one bass, but I caught 10 that were legal and 7 or 8 short fish.
First one was while it was still daylight - 4 pounder that hit a squarebill. Later I caught 2 more decent ones on a deep diving crank, but all the rest bit a rubber worm. Surface temps were mid 50's.

Saturday the 17th, my wife Shannon went along and proceeded to out-fish me as usual. We caught 11 total, 8 were keepers. Out of those, she caught 5 to my 3 and did it from the back of the boat. She also caught the biggest at just under 4 pounds. Every one was on rubber worms. We couldn't get a bite on any moving baits. Surface temps seemed to vary much more than usual this night. We saw them anywhere from 60* in some coves to 54 in other places. There were also a few places where the air temps were downright frigid coming across the lake and then right back to warm went through a door.

All fish were released.

Attachments

• 02152018a(copy).jpg
    02152018a(copy).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 418

charlie81

Nice fish! Thanks for the report. I’ll be there tomorrow until Saturday myself. I love fishing dock lights in February!