Cast into the fire.

hobbs27

Those weren't His own words.. Exactly. He never spoke English, and the word we know of as being he11...a place of eternal torments is not a word used in scripture.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad that you have a better understanding of the Bible and Jesus than Jesus and his apostles did. Looks to me like there's plenty of references to eternal torment in those passages I quoted, but apparently you understand them better than the folks who wrote it. :)

All that mess is why I don't follow Christianity to begin with. God loves you, but you're going to burn in torment if you don't worship him. My dad was a preacher. I spent half my life sitting on a church pew being told how to act by folks whom I often later learned had absolutely no call to tell anybody how to live, if their own lives were any example. I've read the whole Bible through more than once. The more I read it, the more I think that God as described in it has more issues than most humans, whom he supposedly created in his image, then punishes, kills, and tortures them for acting exactly like he designed them to.

hobbs27

NC Hillbilly.

For some reason Sheol/ Hades/ Gehenna, and Tartarus were all translated into English as he11. None of them are.. So you can go back to believing again God never said he would eternally torment you.

hobbs27

This was concerning the destruction of Edom, which did happen, but if you go there today you wont see literal smoke going up.

Isaiah 34: It shall not be quenched night nor day; its smoke shall go up forever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it forever and ever.

gordon 2

I'm glad that you have a better understanding of the Bible and Jesus than Jesus and his apostles did. Looks to me like there's plenty of references to eternal torment in those passages I quoted, but apparently you understand them better than the folks who wrote it. :)

All that mess is why I don't follow Christianity to begin with. God loves you, but you're going to burn in torment if you don't worship him. My dad was a preacher. I spent half my life sitting on a church pew being told how to act by folks whom I often later learned had absolutely no call to tell anybody how to live, if their own lives were any example. I've read the whole Bible through more than once. The more I read it, the more I think that God as described in it has more issues than most humans, whom he supposedly created in his image, then punishes, kills, and tortures them for acting exactly like he designed them to.

You just might have a point or two. My boldness might be way out of place and my confidence false. I will consider. And you don't know how fortunate you are to know what Jesus and his apostles meant. I envy you 100%. Thanks. I will reconsider how I study... etc.

I have to empathize with you. My life has been cursed with hurtful-painful Gomers also. As a matter of fact I have been also one and have greatly injured myself and no doubt many others near to me.

Hosea 3:1Then said the LORD unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of her friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine.

2So I bought her to me for fifteen pieces of silver, and for an homer of barley, and an half homer of barley:

3And I said unto her, Thou shalt abide for me many days; thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for another man: so will I also be for thee.

4For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:

5Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
I'm glad that you have a better understanding of the Bible and Jesus than Jesus and his apostles did. Looks to me like there's plenty of references to eternal torment in those passages I quoted, but apparently you understand them better than the folks who wrote it.

If you recognize "those issues" at all, how? If you don't want to have "those issues" why?

There's an experiment. Everyone is in it. It's called the "prove you are at least as good as God" test. There's only one way out of it. Or through it, safely.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Yes it's a tight door, a narrow way. The jambs of the door will scrape off all that doesn't belong to man...to do. The thick brush of the clinging jungle lining the way, likewise. It's terribly exclusive. So much so as appearing from one side...all that is unfair.

But mercy beckons, and those given to taste it are made glad they did not settle for what is merely fair. Maybe it's only meat for traitors, or only mete for traitors. Where fairness is made clear to them as the last thing they should be hoping for.

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I can tell you this, I don't want from God what is fair. I have done enough evil things in this life that if God gave me what was fair, I would be doomed.

Nope. I want Grace. I want God to show me the love and forgiveness He talks about in the Word. I want my sins cast as far as the east is from the west. And mercy, I want mercy shown to me. All He has to give, I will take.

Fairness?? no way. Mercy and Grace. A double helping, Please!

Israel

BANNED
I can tell you this, I don't want from God what is fair. I have done enough evil things in this life that if God gave me what was fair, I would be doomed.

Nope. I want Grace. I want God to show me the love and forgiveness He talks about in the Word. I want my sins cast as far as the east is from the west. And mercy, I want mercy shown to me. All He has to give, I will take.

Fairness?? no way. Mercy and Grace. A double helping, Please!

Amen brother! It's no place to skimp on requests! Less than all could be a disaster!