Vaping

T-N-T

I don't get it....
I am sure it's "somewhat safer" than a cigarette. But how much?
It can't be without harm. There are chemicals in there to produce the flavor.

And top of all that, store fronts selling nothin but the stuff and making a successful business. But I hardly see people vaping these days. Not like when it got big a few years ago....

Anyone vape? Is it cheaper than cigs?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
popcorn lung

You learn something new every day. I'm glad I just quit smoking cigarettes and didn't pick up anything else other than about 20 lbs.:rolleyes::bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
You learn something new every day. I'm glad I just quit smoking cigarettes and didn't pick up anything else other than about 20 lbs.:rolleyes::bounce:

30 pounds for me. Been smoke free for 10 years in another 8 days.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get it either. If I'm gonna smoke, it's gonna be a Winston, not some liquid in a little electronic thingy.

T-N-T

I used to smoke.
Then I dipped.
Then I smoked.
Then I dipped.
Then I chewed.
Now I chew gum. Some times I look like a cow chewing cud I'm sure.

But I'm going on "several" months now. I, nor the wife, have a good idea now

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I used to smoke.
Then I dipped.
Then I smoked.
Then I dipped.
Then I chewed.

I don`t remember right off when I started chewing but the snuff you know it wasn`t invented yet, or at least it wasn`t popular. Started smoking at 15. At 20 years old many a time I had a plug of baccer in my jaw and a cigarette going at the same time. I quit the chaw at 28 years old but smoked cigs for 38 years. T, it got to the point that the first thing in the morning I had to set on the side of the bed and cough my lungs out for a couple of minutes before I could get up and move around. Two weeks after I quit that cough was gone.

I commend you on quitting. It is not an easy task.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I used to smoke.
Then I dipped.
Then I smoked.
Then I dipped.
Then I chewed.

I used to smoke.

I still do.

I used to dip Copenhagen.

I still do.

I used to chew backer.

I still do.

I used to eat bacon.

I still do.

I used to drink likker.

I still do.

I used to chase wimmin.

I still do. (Nowadays it's just my wife, though.)

I'll probably die sometime or another.

T-N-T

I went back and forth for about 17 or 18 years with a good 12-14 month break in there

I'm done now. It's too easy to just not buy the stuff.

For the OP, I have never vaped. I just don't get it.

Nic, my neighbor has that hacking cough. I can hear it across two yards every morning on my way out. But he doesn't have much joy in life other than a cigarette. So I don't say anything to him

sinclair1

I went back and forth for about 17 or 18 years with a good 12-14 month break in there

Nic, my neighbor has that hacking cough. I can hear it across two yards every morning on my way out. But he doesn't have much joy in life other than a cigarette. So I don't say anything to him
I quit dip and beer. The +$7000 a year alone made it worth it. I might die anyway, but my pockets are full of cash :cool:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

I tried to quit in 1994 for my beloved dying Mother on her request. I failed. Tried to quit a couple of years later for my young son at his request. Failed again. Both of those times I was trying to quit for other folks, not for myself. In 2007 I was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease. Doctor told me that if I didn`t quit smoking along with a diet change, I would surely die. I gave it some thought for a month or two and decided I wanted to stay amongst the living as long as I could.

That time I quit for me, not somebody else. I learned a valuable lesson, that I am glad to pass on to others. If you want to really quit, you have to do it for yourself, not for anybody else. You have to get your mind right, and do whatever it takes to quit and you have to want to. It ain`t easy to quit, one of the hardest things I`ve ever done, but it can be done if YOU want it. But you have to do it for YOURSELF. Not for others.

It might not have added a lot of years left for this old boy, but, it did add a few at least....

jrickman

I used vaping to quit smoking. Took about 18 months to work my way down from a "cigarette dose" of nicotine to just flavored juice. I quit vaping when the bottle of nicotine free juice ran out.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That time I quit for me, not somebody else. I learned a valuable lesson, that I am glad to pass on to others. If you want to really quit, you have to do it for yourself, not for anybody else. You have to get your mind right, and do whatever it takes to quit and you have to want to. It ain`t easy to quit, one of the hardest things I`ve ever done, but it can be done if YOU want it. But you have to do it for YOURSELF. Not for others.

It might not have added a lot of years left for this old boy, but, it did add a few at least....

This. ^ I can't count how many times I "quit" over the years and I used every "quitting aid" known to man. I got to the point where I admitted I wasn't being honest with myself because I really didn't want to quit.

I finally decided last Fall it was time to quit and I just happened to be out of cigarettes at the time. So I just quit. Cold Turkey. Over. Done. I figured I'd get the joneses after about a week but this time I didn't. Didn't even hardly think about it. I couldn't tell you when I quit this time either. I think it was some time last October. All I know is I been quit for a while through yesterday and I'm about to make it through today. I'll deal with tomorrow when it gets here.

I ain't giving up brown likker though. I would like to get shed of this extra 20 pounds. That will come in time.

marknga

GONetwork Member

Words to live by.

Got some co workers that vape... probably increased their nicotine intake 10X. And they say you can't smell it.. it stinks.

I quit 10 years ago. Still want one every now and then but then when I smell cigarette smoke it about makes me sick.