6 found in one day

GeorgiaGlockMan

I found these all on sat/Sunday at my farm in Lincoln county.

Love it when they are laying around like candy on Halloween.

Any details would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20171204_123235.jpg
    IMG_20171204_123235.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 1,337

walkinboss01

Nice finds. Looks like you had a solid day. Congrats

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, looks like several thousand years of human history on your property.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Thanks for the comments.

Without following what you fellas do here, I wouldn't have found one even if I cut my foot on it.

What are they?

Approx age?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the comments.

Without following what you fellas do here, I wouldn't have found one even if I cut my foot on it.

What are they?

Approx age?

The two on the top left, I would call Morrow Mountain points. Mid-Archaic period, 6,000-7,000 years old.

Bottom left, too broken up to tell.

Top right- I'd call it a Palmer, Early Archaic, 8,500-9,500 years old.

Right center, don't know, probably some kind of late Archaic or Woodland era stemmed point. Likely in the 1,000-2,000 year old range.

Bottom right, I would call an Ecusta. Middle Archaic, 5,000-7,000 years old.

Struttin'-n-Drummin'

quartz / rhyolite

We find a lot in Wilkes County in the next county over, but not all are quartz like yours. Many are rhyolite rock. They are gray to dark brown in color due to being covered in soil for 1,000's of years. When you are looking, don't just be looking for the white / clear ones. You may be passing over some very nice points.

GeorgiaGlockMan

We find a lot in Wilkes County in the next county over, but not all are quartz like yours. Many are rhyolite rock. They are gray to dark brown in color due to being covered in soil for 1,000's of years. When you are looking, don't just be looking for the white / clear ones. You may be passing over some very nice points.

S&D, thanks for the reminder. I've found a couple in past that maybe that material.