Sighting in CVA Wolf

the Lackster

I shoot loose blackhorn through my wolf. 5 grains one way or the other makes a substantial pattern difference for me. My gun likes a 95 grain charge. Not 90, not 100, a 95 grain charge.

willie1971

Interesting you say that.... I emailed the manufacturer and they just suggested that I try 3 shots at 100 and 3 shots at 110, so it sounds like you are on target and have found your recipe. Good luck this fall.

the Lackster

Good luck to you as well. I'm new to the ml game but It seems to me getting your charge and load down are key. Just my .02

rosewood

Mine shoots two fifty grain 777 pellets behind a 250 grain shockwave better than anything, and the bullet performs well.

I tried this combo in my Wolf a few days ago and was quite impressed with the accuracy. I believe I will be sticking with this for this season.

Mine are the 250 SST, but pretty sure Hornady makes the Shockwaves for TC anyway.

Rosewood

Chase4556

The shockwaves shot well in mine also, they are what I originally started shooting. However, the first two deer I shot had very light blood trails, and after recovery, the entrance and exit wounds were about the same size. Just wasnt impressed with their terminal performance.

The XTPs shoot just as good(probably not at long range though) and do quite a number on deer. Even at 175yds, the internal damage done to the deer and the exit wound were very impressive.