Crud ring

fountain

shooting a cva wolf with 777 pellets and it builds a pretty thick crud ring after one shot. I cant remember, but are they supposed to do that with only one shot? ive shot bh209 in my guns for years now and its been a while since I messed with pellets. its thick enough that it makes seating a second bullet pretty hard. im cleaning every shot so that I can seat the same on each shot.

pellets are about my only option in this gun I believe as its for my dad and he would have a hard time seeing to measure the loose powder. im trying to make it as easy as possible for him.

Roadking65

you can get those cases you carry pre loaded amounts with you. They have a dividing wall so you can keep the powder separate from the bullet and have a primer carry cup on them as well.

That way you can pre make him loads to use. That is if you wanted to use real black powder.

Chase4556

Yes, mine gets the crud ring as well even after one shot. I can usually get two shots before they start really changing POI. I can feel when the sabot hits the ring, but it doesn't really take any extra effort to seat the bullet. If you are shooting full bore stuff, then that could make a difference I guess.

While sighting in, I clean it up real well after each shot. In the field, I will sometimes run a bore snake through real quick if I'm not in a rush to somewhat clean it up.

fountain

I guess I'm going to swap him over the bh209 and just pre-measure him out. I'll either order the tubes provided in the linc above or use old powder tubes that the pellets came in

Roadking65

Those tubes are not the ones I'm referring to. Please do not go by the graduations on those tubes. If you buy them. Always use a powder measure, then dump the powder in the tubes. The Tubes that I'm talking about, I got them at bass pro and a different few at Gander Mountain. Mine are red plastic, and green plastic

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

Those tubes are not the ones I'm referring to. Please do not go by the graduations on those tubes. If you buy them. Always use a powder measure, then dump the powder in the tubes. The Tubes that I'm talking about, I got them at bass pro and a different few at Gander Mountain. Mine are red plastic, and green plastic

Ive used the tubes above for as long as I can remember and they work perfect for storage in in field loading. Never used them for measuring though. I measure in a powder measure and pour into the tubes with the bullet and sabot on the bottom