Band of Bucks II

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well, here goes nothing - another thread about my experiences and photos of some not so camera shy coastal Georgia whitetails.

After just under a month of supplemental feeding the herd of visiting bucks jumped dramatically yesterday afternoon with the addition of several very healthy, mature bucks.

I had over 300 pics to choose from but I culled a few that I thought were worth sharing. Enjoy.

Attachments

• STC_0090.jpg
    STC_0090.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 6,552
  • STC_0103.jpg
    STC_0103.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 6,997
  • STC_0115.jpg
    STC_0115.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 5,554
  • STC_0130.jpg
    STC_0130.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 5,544
  • STC_0149.jpg
    STC_0149.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 5,515

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
A few more...

Attachments

• STC_0167.jpg
    STC_0167.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 5,214
  • STC_0171.jpg
    STC_0171.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 5,228
  • STC_0217.jpg
    STC_0217.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 5,219
  • STC_0165.jpg
    STC_0165.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 5,223
  • STC_0307.jpg
    STC_0307.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 5,210
  • STC_0314.jpg
    STC_0314.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 5,206

Doolydawg03

WOW they came running lol!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a big group of bucks great pics thanks for sharing Echo that's enough to get me excited about Sept i'm heading to my place next weekend and man does this get me pumped for checking cams. I see a couple really nice deer in the mix, i would sure like to see Lewis show up again but i'm sure he is gone now.

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
WOW they came running lol!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a big group of bucks great pics thanks for sharing Echo that's enough to get me excited about Sept i'm heading to my place next weekend and man does this get me pumped for checking cams. I see a couple really nice deer in the mix, i would sure like to see Lewis show up again but i'm sure he is gone now.

Glad you liked them, DD03! They literally did come running in and did a lot of running after they got here too - it was a sight to see. I have been watching most of the new arrivals for a while as they were hanging out less than a mile away and I figured it was just a matter of time before some of them showed up here. Sure enough they did.

Speaking of Lewis, this one 8-point is just about the exact spitting image of him when he was 2 years old. I suspect this buck is about that age as well and the resemblance is remarkable. Same wide basket rack with real good tine length and symmetry. He'll be a good one if makes it long enough..

Attachments

• STC_0089.jpg
    STC_0089.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 5,073
  • STC_0091.jpg
    STC_0091.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 5,067

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good to see you back!!

Right back at you, my friend!

Have you been able to entice any to have dinner on the porch with you?

Dustin, I haven't really spent as much time out there with them like I used to but with this new bunch showing up that will likely change.
There are always a couple in the bunch who are willing to set aside caution for a bigger slice of the pie so to speak, so I'm sure that would be possible.

T-N-T

Dangit!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Just a couple days ago u said u haven't seen much worth posting , lol I'm sure you'll have one eating out of your hand before long , after all we all know you're the deer whisperer ! Beautiful pics by the way , that 8 pt u are talking about is gonna be something

BornToHuntAndFish

Impressive, good looking yard whitetails you have there.

Thanks for posting, Sir.

:bounce:

Doolydawg03

Glad you liked them, DD03! They literally did come running in and did a lot of running after they got here too - it was a sight to see. I have been watching most of the new arrivals for a while as they were hanging out less than a mile away and I figured it was just a matter of time before some of them showed up here. Sure enough they did.

Speaking of Lewis, this one 8-point is just about the exact spitting image of him when he was 2 years old. I suspect this buck is about that age as well and the resemblance is remarkable. Same wide basket rack with real good tine length and symmetry. He'll be a good one if makes it long enough..

He does resemble him a lot and that is what made me think of Lewis immediately . he is a good lookin youngn

kevincox

Great quality pics. We are so fortunate to be able to hunt these beautiful animals. Don't these bucks start rutting in Mid Sept?

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Those are some great pics. I take it you don't hunt them?

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten

I said something along those lines when I saw what was in the backyard, T-N-T.

Just a couple days ago u said u haven't seen much worth posting , lol I'm sure you'll have one eating out of your hand before long , after all we all know you're the deer whisperer ! Beautiful pics by the way , that 8 pt u are talking about is gonna be something

Thanks, antharper! I was late getting started with the feed this year and I believe a lot of the bucks had already settled in to new haunts but hopefully they'll come back here from time to time.

Those are great Echo, thank you for sharing!!! :cheers:

You're welcome, bud!

Impressive, good looking yard whitetails you have there.

Thanks for posting, Sir.

:bounce:

Anytime.

He does resemble him a lot and that is what made me think of Lewis immediately . he is a good lookin youngn

Yes he is. I like that deer a lot.

Great quality pics. We are so fortunate to be able to hunt these beautiful animals. Don't these bucks start rutting in Mid Sept?

Affirmative, Kevin. As I've said before as soon as the velvet comes off and sometimes even before, these guys are ready to rumble. Peak of the rut is likely the first two weeks in October.

Those are some great pics. I take it you don't hunt them?

No, I don't for a lot of reasons including legal, safety and ethical factors. I do get after the sheds pretty hard though.

I like this every year, never witnessed anyone ever to do what you been able to do with wild whitetails (but) we all know different circumstances (pressure) have a lot to do with it & you have perfected how to do it & minimize your chances of something going bad. My hats of to you & I always enjoy following your threads. :cheers:

Kind words indeed, Mr. Johnson and that's why I put it out there - for folks like you to enjoy. Thank you.

Here's a couple more shots from the big gathering the other day - the soon to be 10-point is going to be awesome when he's slicked out with a big swollen neck! I'm pretty sure he dropped a shed in my yard last year as an 8-point.

Attachments

• STC_0111.jpg
    STC_0111.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 4,679
  • STC_0102.jpg
    STC_0102.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 4,680

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Great to see the upcoming band looking so good.........Unless someone shows Lewis or Jbo as a trophy, the mystery can remain unsolved IMHO. Looking forward to another great season of the Golf Course Bucks:cheers:

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Some shots from the Sweet Tea plot....it's taken me three years to get a good stand established but the deer definitely like it and keep it mowed down all summer.

Attachments

• STC_0334 (1).jpg
    STC_0334 (1).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 4,091
  • STC_0327 (1).jpg
    STC_0327 (1).jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 4,091
  • STC_0346 (1).jpg
    STC_0346 (1).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 4,063

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Had a fine group come in to enjoy the sida, corn and sweet potato vines tonight. Eight bucks travelling together is always fun to watch.

The first pic is what happens after a determined Jack Russell spots a bunch of deer a few yards from his home.

Attachments

• STC_0347.jpg
    STC_0347.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 4,506
  • STC_0329.jpg
    STC_0329.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 3,984
  • STC_0304.jpg
    STC_0304.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 4,458
  • STC_0337.jpg
    STC_0337.jpg